Hi all,

Hoping to solicit some advice. I am considering an SX thinline tele. It's going for around $200. Am I out of my mind?

Thanks!
As a first guitar maybe. SX is one of the better ultra-cheap brands around but they're still nothing especially impressive.
I have an SX tele that I really like, a very solid guitar. The price seems a bit steep though. I picked mine up from Rondo Music for $90 (it was on sale but they still go generally on the Rondo site for between $100-$130).
Is it used or new? If it's used are you able to try them out first?

SX is a decent budget brand and as mentioned was sold out of Rondo Music. Nice guitars for what you get. The particular guitar I had was a nice 1pc Ash body, a lacquered 1pc maple neck, and played pretty well all things considered but I didn't pay 200 bucks for one. I paid about 75 bucks for it on sale. It was retailing regularly for about 140 though so I would say 200 is a bit steep for sure. Especially if it's used.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ryanblumenow

Do yourself a favor and just grab a used one from Guitar Center's online used section, they pop up frequently and you can get it for under $100.

SX, like any import brand, is hit or miss...but I have an SX tele with a bound neck that I scored for $79 and it's EASILY as good as the $400-500 MIM Fenders.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by ryanblumenow
Hi all,

Hoping to solicit some advice. I am considering an SX thinline tele. It's going for around $200. Am I out of my mind?

Most SX Furrians on RondoMusic.com are $119 and under. New. The ones with an Ash body are $149. Semihollows are $139. The "Taurus" series are $179