I'm looking for the best sounding set of headphones for the Mustang III v2 amp, under 300$. I would appreciate suggestions so much :-)
Quote by Casperi
Will LaneThis is more specific, for the exact amp.
They were all specific, you listed for use with the Mustang every thread.
Prime2515102funny how ppl complain, but i need to be more exact otherwise people just give vague dumb answers
Quote by Will Lane
They were all specific, you listed for use with the Mustang every thread.
and none answred the question, thus i had to inclue it in the title
Quote by Casperi
Prime2515102funny how ppl complain, but i need to be more exact otherwise people just give vague dumb answers
And so rather than updating one thread with more details and questions to get a better response, you made 2 more threads asking pretty much the same question. Also, the sub-forum that more fits this topic is Recording.
Quote by Casperi
and none answred the question, thus i had to inclue it in the title
That does not excuse that each thread is essentially the same question. Those were our answers. I did not catch the threads the first time around so I will respond now.

Modeling amp headphone-outs are supposed to have all the tone-shaping wizardry already applied to the signal. So all that needs to be in place after that is a proper FRFR system. However, the signal output may not be good to any degree in the first place, despite what it is "supposed" to be, depending upon the amp. So methinks spending $300 on a set of headphones just for listening to your amp's headphone out is a bit of a waste of money in my view. I imagine the Mustang is not as bad as some amps in the past, so a lower-grade Studio headphone would be fine for that purpose. You already have the Sennheiser HD 598 SE so I think you are fine, as this chap said.
Quote by I K0nijn I
The HD598 SE is really nice. I think it's unbeatable at its price if it offers what you're looking for, which is a balanced, open headphone with a nice soundstage.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 11, 2016,
Will LaneOkay i'm sorry i'll be sure to remember this in the future. Could i ask your opinion on closed/openback headphones though ? Which do you think personally fits better for guitar amp practice ?
Quote by Casperi
Will LaneOkay i'm sorry i'll be sure to remember this in the future. Could i ask your opinion on closed/openback headphones though ? Which do you think personally fits better for guitar amp practice ?
I see it as preference or what works for your purposes. Closed back will help you get a tighter, more focused view of the mix as sound will leak in much less than open back headphones. Closed back will also leak sound out a lot less than open back, good for preventing sound bleed in studio recordings and monitoring. However, closed back will feel a lot more isolated and "real" than open back, as open will allow some sound to leak in/out. They both have their uses. If I had to choose though, at least for this purpose, I would get closed.