Page 1 of 2
I've only attempted French and it le kicks my ass
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Spanish is the only other language I know and it was super easy.
Chinese looks pretty impossible.

I've heard non native English speakers say that English is the most difficult due to all its needless conjugation
English is easy from a linguistic standpoint overall, where it trips non native speakers up is in pronunciation. No accents on anything means 'minute' and 'minute' look exactly the same.
Pretty much every eastern asian language looks like a challenge and a half to me.

Really, it's all just a matter of perspective. If going by pure location (and not individual skill);

A russian will be able to speak japanese better than a frenchman.

A dutchman will be able to speak english better than an egyptian

And no one will ever be able to speak Estonian except Estonians, guaranteed.

"When's best time to learn Estonian? At age 1, blin. That is probably only time in life when you have nothing else better to do than learn all fourteen noun cases for each word in this language." ~Boris-san
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Spanish is pretty easy tbh. I found it way easier to pronounce than French, and the grammar is way more straightforward than Russian -- and even that is much closer to English than to Chinese or Japanese. it's not really a matter of location, it's a matter of how closely the languages are related.
java

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Chinese is pretty hard because a lot of it is totally foreign and alien to the way I process thoughts in my head.
It was my privilege
Quote by Xiaoxi
java
get out
ggg1 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
get out

break;

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by behind_you
get out
lolololol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
As someone who's at a language school, the consensus is that it's one of the middle eastern languages.

Either Persian Farsi or Levantine Arabic.
Quote by behind_you
System.exit(0);

Satisfy the exit parameters of a loop

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
Satisfy the exit parameters of a loop

goto fuck yourself
ggg1 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
goto fuck yourself
class FuckYourself
end

class Egraham < FuckYourself
end

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
goto and i thought BREAK was bad
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

So far, German. I gave up years ago, I may try it again. I'm learning French right now, and will probably move on to ASL after I feel like I'm fluent. French is okay. The pronunciation is wonky, and I hate the lack of a simpler past tense conjugation. Also, I get some of it mixed up with Spanish, since I'm so used to it and there are some similarities but also many differences.
Quote by Diamond Dave
you ain't seen nothing yet

Yeah maybe if he would unsquint his eyes he'd see better

MFW I'm Xiaoxi -___-
Last edited by chrismendiola at Nov 11, 2016,
Of those I've studied, Japanese because the kanji and certain nuances that aren't immediately intuitive to English speakers make it quite a long path to fluency. In the world, I've no doubt there are harder ones. And, as has already been pointed out, it's depends almost entirely on your native language and any languages you've already learned.

Noah fence but Spanish is easy.
Probably something like Brainfuck or some other esoteric programming language.

Hello World in Brainfuck:
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
Music notation.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Hardest language to learn? Whatever it is women speak. I haven't got a clue what they jibber jabbering on about.
Last edited by tdunster at Nov 12, 2016,
How about those clicking languages from The Gods Must Be Crazy
Quote by EpiExplorer

And no one will ever be able to speak Estonian except Estonians, guaranteed.

"When's best time to learn Estonian? At age 1, blin. That is probably only time in life when you have nothing else better to do than learn all fourteen noun cases for each word in this language." ~Boris-san

Estonian is an easy Finnish though

EDIT: 15 in Finnish
Last edited by sam b at Nov 12, 2016,
Quote by StewieSwan
Chinese is pretty hard because a lot of it is totally foreign and alien to the way I process thoughts in my head.

Yeah Chinese is really hard. Even when you are learning and feel like you're succeeding, there's just this whole other level of stuff you don't know about the language.

Finnish is also a very tough language grammatically but at least you can read it.
This whole thread makes me kinda think we should just eradicate all other languages and make everyone learn American English

~TRUMP BABY
Quote by Banjocal
can't wait to get buttfucked by japanese

fun times ahead

PHRASING
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by tdunster
Hardest language to learn? Whatever it is women speak. I haven't got a clue what they jibber jabbering on about.

Hahaha insulting women so funny lolol~~
Quote by tdunster

amirite fellas
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Hahaha insulting women so funny lolol~~

Hey now. Just because he is an inept loser with no social skills and a complete inability to talk to women doesn't mean that you should laugh at him. He's already a forever-alone, shut-in loser that has never had and will never have an intimate relationship and he has to live with that his whole. Isn't that bad enough with having to make laugh at him?

On the other hand, maybe he doesn't know what language women speak since the only word they have ever told him is "no" which means it could be like any language really.
*your ad here*
Last edited by theogonia777 at Nov 12, 2016,
Quote by tdunster

God fucking dammit...
Came into this thread specifically to make this joke

But I was gonna close it with "amirite fellas?" because that seems to be appr--
Quote by chrismendiola
amirite fellas

god fuck
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by ultimate-slash
God fucking dammit...
Came into this thread specifically to make this joke

But I was gonna close it with "amirite fellas?" because that seems to be appr--

god fuck

AUS

PLAYED

BOOM
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Banjocal
can't wait to get buttfucked by japanese

fun times ahead
If you can enjoy doing kanji you'll be alright. If not, good luck.
Page 1 of 2