Like the title says, I'm looking for a new amp that is differently voiced than what I currently have (Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, block 5150 and classic 30).
I'm looking for an amp head with a clean channel and drive channel with ability to handle metal with good low end. Effects loop is necessary. Willing to buy used, no more than $900. Probably won't be able to try before buying (busy schedule). Ideally looking for a tube amp head that's sonically different than what I have already.
And...GO!!!;
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
I've had a dual rec before. Granted it was the 3 channel version, but it wasn't as good as I hoped. I wanted to like it but just didn't.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Misc. Pedals
Something in the Orange family? Carvin Vai Legacy? Some of the other, older Carvins were real shredder friendly too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
A Rivera or Randall? (Not looking at prices, just posting tone demos.)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
I do like orange but I use my Marshall for most British voiced sounds. I'm just looking for something to bridge the gap. I'll look into he Randall's. The only Randall I've owned was the RM, which I might get again.
Misc. Pedals
Also Ola makes everything sound good IMO!
Misc. Pedals
That he does!

alhaq369
I say rivera.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Randall Thrasher 50W used is in budget.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Which Rivera? Didn't you get a knucklehead tre?
Misc. Pedals
the original knucklehead. paid $600. I love everything thing about it.

Have you thought mesa mkiii or mkiv?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Funny you just mentioned that. I have been looking at the mark series. So far my favorite Mesa has been the solo 50 head. I've owners couple rectifiers and rectoverb.
I'm curious about the new mark v 35, just not sure how the low end response is though.
How did you snag the knucklehead for $600? Good score.
Misc. Pedals
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Nov 12, 2016,
Quote by bobafettacheese
Funny you just mentioned that. I have been looking at the mark series. So far my favorite Mesa has been the solo 50 head. I've owners couple rectifiers and rectoverb.
I'm curious about the new mark v 35, just not sure how the low end response is though.
How did you snag the knucklehead for $600? Good score.

the knucklehead was just a stroke of luck. even came with NOS preamp tubes .

I would check out a mkiii. they are cool amps. I want one. lol
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I ended up buying a Randall RM100 head. I had one before and got rid of it, foolishly. My first new module will probably be an SLO based module.
Misc. Pedals
I thought about the EVH, but I figured it was voiced too similar to the 5150. I also was skeptical about the volume issues between channels.
Misc. Pedals
Agreed. Most of the support now lies in one off shops like jaded faith and salvation mods. Both do outstanding work and Rob at JF is great to work with. The RM is sort of "cultish" in my opinion. Apparently the RM i just bought, via GC used, comes with a blackface, tweed and "59 R"(what the GC guy said, which I am hoping is the JF 59RR).
Misc. Pedals