I've just started recording with amp sims and I've noticed that the distorted amp sim sounds super fizzy and not at all like an amp. I'm not sure why it sounds like that, it may be that I'm listening to it on shitty earbuds. Hopefully somebody here can help me out. Thanks

Signal chain: Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-1 FR > Focusrite Scarlett Solo Interface > Reaper DAW > LePou LeCto amp sim
Are you using speaker simulations as well with the amp sims? A guitar speaker's frequency curve (which is not flat at all) have a drastic, noticeable, good effect on the guitar tone. What headphones exactly?
Quote by reeros321
Okay, while your headphones are definitely not top-quality units your main problem is the lack of speaker simulation. I would think any reasonable amp simulation software would have speaker simulation as well. If anything you can draw out an EQ post-amp sim that looks like a guitar speaker response.
I have a similar issue but with Amplitube 3, where the high gain tones are super noisy. The built in noise gate works, but only when I´m not playing, when I do, there´s this annoying background noise. Reducing the gain improves it a bit, but you are left with a wimpy tone (for the style that I play)
Quote by Mr. Cachi
I have a similar issue but with Amplitube 3, where the high gain tones are super noisy. The built in noise gate works, but only when I´m not playing, when I do, there´s this annoying background noise. Reducing the gain improves it a bit, but you are left with a wimpy tone (for the style that I play)
Really the two issues are not really anything alike. TS' is essentially an equalization and frequency response issue, yours is just dealing with elevated noise floors. Try a hum-cancelling position with your guitar pickups or use a humbucker-equipped guitar. Move away from sources of EMI (lights, phones, etc.).