Hi !
Do you have any ideas of song to play at the audition ?
I'm a huge Led Zep fan but I don't know if it's hard enough to be played or if they want something more technical.
I thought about black dog, since I've been loving you or Achilles Last Stand (shortened 'cause it must not be longer than 4min).
I've also thought about satriani's always with me, always with you but it's not really my king of playing (but if I have to I Will do)

Thanks
Unless the application/audition process has changed a lot since I was at BIMM (Bristol), I think they'll appreciate something relatively simple played well with conviction and confidence, more than something highly technical that you're not very comfortable with. My advice would be not to overthink it, and do something you know you can do well.
Happiness is a warm Vox AC30
For an audition the worst thing you can do is overstretch yourself - definitely play something that showcases you playing as well as you possibly can, not something that you know is at the very limit of your skills.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree with you but, because it's in a bit less than a year I have the time to learn something new and because I love led zeppelin, I'd like to know if there're some songs that are good to play at this audition
Wow that is a surprise!

Honestly most people asking this kind of question are like "Soooo I have an audition for music school on Thursday..."
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Haha, that's because i've a lot of stuff to do before going there cause I'm not from the uk so i'm planning what I have to do way before the date
My BIMM (Brighton) audition, I played one of my own pieces, they loved it. but I agree with Blompcube...Its not about what you play but how you play it. if youre precise, calm, confident and show the right skills in the right places, youll nail it! Best of luck to you pal! and in regards to your last comment, as and when, welcome to the UK!
Guitars
Jackson JS-227
JT Les Paul custom
LTD H-208
Ibanez RG 350
Fender '89 Strat
Worst Encore ever made
Fender acoustic thing

Gear
Boss ME-50 MFX
Peavey VYPYR VIP II
Thx a lot monsterhawk ! But, just to be sure, pieces like black dog or since I've been loving you are technical enough ? I really love these songs but I Can look for something harder
Its not about technicality, I know you want to show what you can do but dont overcomplicate it, try and find something that sounds good and thats fun to play, and just keep working on it until you can play it perfectly. thats what theyre going to be looking for!
Guitars
Jackson JS-227
JT Les Paul custom
LTD H-208
Ibanez RG 350
Fender '89 Strat
Worst Encore ever made
Fender acoustic thing

Gear
Boss ME-50 MFX
Peavey VYPYR VIP II
Quote by monsterhawk
Its not about technicality, I know you want to show what you can do but dont overcomplicate it, try and find something that sounds good and thats fun to play, and just keep working on it until you can play it perfectly. thats what theyre going to be looking for!

I agree with this. BIMM doesn't have the snobbiness of 'traditional' music universities/schools (Believe me, I went to Birmingham Conservatoire, i've seen it first hand!) so just go in with a piece that you can totally nail. Tbf, with these applications did you have to send of a 'portfolio' of your playing? If you did, they've most likely decided already before the audition. That's how my audition for the Conservatoire went, they listened to my stuff, liked it a lot and basically just wanted to see what I was like a person.