Hi Guys,

I have an issue with a boss BD2 pedal, I purchased this 2nd hand and the previous owner had added the keeley type "phat switch" modification himself, while the pedal seems to play well it causes all pedals in front of it to loudly "pop" when you engage them.. This is quite annoying.

All my other boss pedals are fine and don't do this when in the chain...

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what may be causing this pedal to do this?

As mentioned none of my other boss pedals do this and allow quite operation.

Appreciate any input

Cheers
Tim
Do the pedals only pop when the BD-2 is on? Or do they do it when the BD-2 is off as well? Does moving the placement of the BD-2 help any? What other pedals are you using? How are you powering it all? Apologies for all the questions...
^ yeah.

but initial thoughts are that he screwed something up. that's why (sometimes counter-intuitively) people will often pay more for a stock item, even if the mods add value... they only do if they've been done competently, unfortunately.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah.

but initial thoughts are that he screwed something up. that's why (sometimes counter-intuitively) people will often pay more for a stock item, even if the mods add value... they only do if they've been done competently, unfortunately.
Possibly. My first thought was that a long strain of Boss buffers would cause some issues but I am not sure.
maybe, i guess. i have several boss pedals and it doesn't do that, but then again it's always possible that some specific mix of pedals/buffers might do something weird.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Will Lane
Do the pedals only pop when the BD-2 is on? Or do they do it when the BD-2 is off as well? Does moving the placement of the BD-2 help any? What other pedals are you using? How are you powering it all? Apologies for all the questions...

No all good appreciate the assistance - pedals only pop when the BD2 is in the chain does not matter if it's on or off it wil cause pedals to pop (I actually swap the bd2 routinely with an unmodded ds1 and as soon as the ds1 is on no more popping!) the bd2 is definitely the culprit.

Moving the placement does not help, my board is powered by voodoo labs pedal power.

It's defiant alley the bd2 and is something electronic?
^ sounds like it, yeah, but this is getting well above my pay grade
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by effected_84
No all good appreciate the assistance - pedals only pop when the BD2 is in the chain does not matter if it's on or off it wil cause pedals to pop (I actually swap the bd2 routinely with an unmodded ds1 and as soon as the ds1 is on no more popping!) the bd2 is definitely the culprit.

Moving the placement does not help, my board is powered by voodoo labs pedal power.

It's defiant alley the bd2 and is something electronic?
Yeah, the BD-2 is just being unhappy for some reason. You might could ask Keeley if they would know how to fix it and/or if you could send it in, which may or may not be cheaper than buying a new BD-2 altogether.