I'm thinking of putting in a EVH Frankenstein pup in the bridge on my fender, yet it's got a Floyd rose trem, and doing a little looking around I can't see if the EVH pup is f-spaced (for the Floyd rose) or not.

So do I have to get an angled pick guard to compensate for the f spacing or what?

Any one got the EVH Frankenstein pup in the bridge with a Floyd wanna help a brother out?
i could be wrong but i don't think you have to angle it. even if the polepieces don't line up 100%, from everything i've read about it, it doesn't matter, it's just cosmetic.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc I guess its because when ever I see someone use the EVH pup its always at a slight angle.
yeah i mean i guess it looks maybe more 80s angled, but you don't have to. it will sound slightly different if you angle it- angling it to avoid the possible tone change caused by the polepieces not being directly under the strings is possibly not the best idea in that regard. you're doing something which definitely does change the tone to avoid something which probably doesn't change the tone, lol. that being said if you like how it looks angled, i'm not sure there's any real problem either.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Just contact SD and have them set you up with a Nighthawk-style slanted pickup. They make these with the coils offset so that the pole pieces line up under the strings if you mount it at a specific angle.