I have a Ephiphone hollow body. The inside label is blue, stamped Model EA-250 / Epiphone blank / No. blank There is no serial number on the head stock and the neck plate just says " Steel Adjustable Neck " no serial number. How can I possibly identify what year this was made. I think this was a Japan model as I believe all the EA-250's were made in Japan.
"Subsequent years brought changes: the pickups became more like Gibson pickups and gained chrome covers, a trapeze tailpiece became available, the "pitchfork" Epiphone logo was added to the pickguard—and, in 1972, the model designation changed to EA-250. In the same period Matsumoku also made a companion short-scale bass, the 5120 / EA-260. In 1975 or '76 the guitar was replaced by the ET-255.[2] In addition to the change from the original black plastic dual-coil Humbucker pick-ups, this guitar was altered into the EA-250 Riviera, and re-introduced with single coil pick-ups covered with the standard two coil Humbucker pick-up covers. This was a unique element on this guitar model. To identify the style, you can look at the paper label glued inside the body of the guitar under the top f-hole. It should read EA-250 Riviera Epiphone Kalamazoo, Michigan Made in Japan. The paper is light blue in color on an authentic model, and the serial number is on the back metal neck plate. It is not possible to determine the exact year of these guitars, but it is generally accepted that the Matsumoku factory built these guitars between 1970 and 1975."

This should help.
esky15 The light blue label Epiphone Kalamazoo, Michigan Made in Japan is in the f hole but is only stamped with EA-250. No serial number and there is no serial number on the neck plate. The avatar is what my EA-250 looks like.
Last edited by daniel.dodd at Nov 14, 2016,
The serial# should be on the neckplate....

here is more information
http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/EA-Series

maybe the neckplate got changed....
Quote by daniel.dodd
esky15 The light blue label Epiphone Kalamazoo, Michigan Made in Japan is in the f hole but is only stamped with EA-250. No serial number and there is no serial number on the neck plate. The avatar is what my EA-250 looks like.

Neck plate may not be original then, but you can still narrow it down to 72-74.

Edit: after comparing photos, you have the 5102T, or a very early model of the EA-250 if that's what the sticker says.

Reason being is the 5102t has the same pickups and bridge as yours does. The 250 has chrome humbuckers and no wood bridge base.

It's weird though because the features you have belong to 1970-71, while the EA-250 designation came into play in 72.
Last edited by esky15 at Nov 15, 2016,