Just set up a guitar in Robert Fripp's "New Standard Tuning." C2-G2-D3-A3-E4-G4. This is a really cool tuning, since every string except the highest string are tuned in fifths to the proceeding string you get a lot more range. Has anyone else ever done this?
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal
Quote by EntropicDiscord
Just set up a guitar in Robert Fripp's "New Standard Tuning." C2-G2-D3-A3-E4-G4. This is a really cool tuning, since every string except the highest string are tuned in fifths to the proceeding string you get a lot more range. Has anyone else ever done this?

I haven't used THAT specific tuning, but I have used a fifths tuning for extended range. For that I'm using a Variax, which will do that without actually changing the tension on the strings (I'm too lazy to go out and buy specific strings just to try it out).
EntropicDiscord

Yep! Been playing in NST as my main alternative tuning for 20+ years.

I've found it to be less suited for bluesey stuff, but classical, surf, prog, neoclassical, jazz, metal, middle-eastern, latin and other stuff is fun.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
dannyalcatraz Agreed it sucks for blues-rock but when I play the same shapes I can create some really cool impressionistic a la Debussy style licks.
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal
I hope you enjoy it going forward!

Besides Fripp's stuff, you should probably listen to the work of some of his best students, like The League of Crafty Guitarists, Tony Geballe, and especially California Guitar Trio. They cover a lot of ground.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.