Like the title says, I've run into a rather strange wiring issue on a new to me Les Paul that I've picked up. It seems that when I have the bridge pickup selected, both sets of volume and tone knobs effect the pickup. I can use the neck volume knob to cut the volume to the bridge pickup, or the necks tone knob to cut the tone to the bridge pickup. When I switch to the neck pickup, it works normally, as in only the correct volume and tone knob has any effect on the pickup.

I'm not a tech by any stretch, but I cracked her open to take a look and I can't really put my finger on whats causing this; hence starting this thread I snapped a couple pics for you to see for yourself. The only thing that really kinda seems strange to me is that on 99% of the Les Pauls I've looked at, the caps are wired between the volume and tone pots, not grounded on the tone pots like in this one.

Like I've said, I'm no tech, but if someone can point me in the right direction I can solder well enough to fix her up I believe.

Thanks for reading!

Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
id assume that your problem lies within the switch, the photos aren't much help, maybe you can draw it out as simply s possible instead?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Usually when you have both pickups selected either volume knob will affect the volume and when either the neck or bridge is selected solo only the respective knob affects the volume. Maybe the center pin is touching the bridge pin of the selector switch?
Last edited by geo-rage at Nov 14, 2016,
Thanks for the reply guys! I'll take a closer look at the switch when I get some time tomorow!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
You guy's were right! There was a small hair of solder coming off the centre ground of the switch that just barely touched the bridge side connection. I never even noticed it until I looked really closely. I was able to pus it back with a flattop, and now she's purring smooth again!

Thanks!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112