Hi all,

Currently I'm learning a song which is written in F#m. The chords are Em - D/F# - G - Am - C - D and they are played over a capo on the 2nd fret.
My question is which scale do I use for soloing over this progression? a scale around the key of the song (in this case F#m) or do I use a scale that is relative to the capo + chords?

Sorry for being a bit vague, I am still learning about the scales and stuff.

You would be thinking about scales that work with F#m, but how you "see" them on the fretboard depends on your approach. I'm very much a position player, so I would visualise them as Em scales shifted up two frets, ie as if the capo was the nut and I was playing in Em.