Upgrading from Fender Squier Bullet - Squier Vintage Modified 70s ($300) or save up for MIM ($700) ?

Hi, i have a Fender Squier Bullet strat (that cheap one made in indonesia) and since i've been playing for quite some time i wanted to get something better, i've been thinking about buying a squier vintage modified 70s ( http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU0301227 ) but while it looks great i'm not sure i'll actually notice any difference... i know that the best way to find out would be to go to a store and try it but unfortunately there isn't any close so maybe someone here knows both of them and can give me their opinion.
Obviously i'd rather get a MIM but here in europe it's close to $700 and used ones are not much cheaper, the squier costs 300.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks!
Last edited by Noctie at Nov 14, 2016,
normally I'd say MIM but at those prices I dunno. a MIM is $600 now in the US so not a huge price hike but as mentioned not cheap. the Squier isn't a bad guitar but 70s in name only. if you can afford better then go for it otherwise the Squier will work.