My drum kit is set up in my attic due to space reasons and when its hot outside its hot in the attic, and when its cold outisde it gets quite cold in the attic. Im getting new cymbals and im wondering if I would be better keeping the cymbals in the attic forever with the drum kit in the hot and cold or taking them down with me into room temperature to lenghten the life of the cymbal when im not playing and just bringing them up and playing them straight away in the sudden change in temperature? Im in Scotland so most of the year it tends to be cold...

Thanks in advance
Last edited by pgskbb at Nov 20, 2016,
I wouldn't worry about the cymbals so much as I'd worry about the drums. That drastic of a temperature change could easily destroy the structural integrity of the wood, let alone any moisture (or lack thereof) also caused by the weather.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw ive had the drums there for almost 7 years, I've just started to play them in the last year and all my old cymbals are breaking like there is no tomorrow but the drums have remained fine. Its strange...
What brand cymbals are they?
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
psp742 old ones are pieces of shit that came with the kit but im buying a couple sabians and paistes
Zildjian are what I got.. my small cajon kit has grown out of proportion.. it is comparable to an actual drum kit.

Sabian and Zildjian came from the same root in Turkey (both are good brands but avoid their budget line.. rubbish).. Paiste is good too but I'm not really a drummer so I can't say which is the better.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
This is my acoustic Cajon kit.. it has grown larger than I realize.. almost as complete as drum kit.

The wood clave are in the drum accessory bag..

Link to my post https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1708931
Last edited by psp742 at Dec 1, 2016,