Hi Folks

I just picked up a used Pacifica which plays really nicely but is a bit grimy and could do with a good clean up.

What product is safe to use on the neck and fingerboard that will be effective on grime and dirt?
Try a slightly damp cloth first. If that does not work a litte lighter fluid will normally take care of the gook. Oh ya I forgot. Old credit cards make great scrappers for really thick crap on a fret board.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Last edited by Bhaok at Nov 15, 2016,
scrapping a bit gets the majority of the gunk off, then a damp cloth or a light soap and water mix, I also use lemon oil occasionally.
Lighter fluid and a rag.

You also don't want to use steel wool as the fibers get absolutely everywhere and you can have pieces of wool jammed under the fretwires and hairs inside your pickups, causing corrosion due to dissimilar metals that can ultimately kill your pickups.

Don't use fretboard oils to clean fretboards. They just make a gooey mess.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
I just use a damp terrycloth rag on the maples. I use 0000 steel wool and lemon oil on my rosewood boards. If I end up with steel wool dust on pickups, dabbing it with tape picks it all up. Can also cover them with a rag.
'79 Peavey T-40
'84 Fender Precision Elite II
'87 Peavey Dyna-Bass
'90 Fender HM
'01 Fender Precision Special Deluxe
'04 Fender Dimension

GK 1001RB-II
Traynor YBA 200-2
Peavey 400B
Fender Bassman 400
SWR Workingman's Tower 810
Peavey 215
Last edited by deeptubes at Nov 15, 2016,
Try some Gorgomyte. That stuff is amazing and will make your frets shine like new.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Two things I like are domestic wet wipes and naptha (lighter fluid), one for water based dirt, the other for oily stuff. I also use an ordination eraser for cleaning close in to the frets. I wouldn't use steel wool.