My bandmate is purchasing some PA equipment in the hopes of being able to manage small venues and cut out the need for our local sound guy whose quality and professionalism is sub-par. Our options to work with another sound guy are non-existent (small city).

He's purchased some Behringer gear (Behringer, I know but we'll not go there). So far he purchased a Powered Mixer PMP6000, A Behringber VQ1800D Active Subwoofer, and two Behringer VP2520 Passive Speakers.

Since I'm designated in charge of purchasing wiring and getting the system functional, my question is how do I go about wiring the Active Subwoofer with the Powered mixer and speakers?

The PMP6000 has two SpeakON outputs. How do I connect everything all together? Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks UG Community!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Triple XXX Head
He just bought stuff without knowing how (or if) it would go together?

Anything passive will be run off the speakon connectors in the back. Plug your VP2520s into those.
Anything active will need to come off the Main 1 Out (or Monitor 1 Out) on the right side (top) of the board. Your active subwoofer will plug in there.
dspellman Thanks for the reply. I had suggested contacting sweetwater (where they are being purchased) to talk to a representative. He is a hasty one. however. Is that the only option? Does it matter if it gets plugged in L or R Main out? If a second sub is added, would one go in L and one go in R or would they need to be in the separate main outs?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Triple XXX Head
Phil Starr Thanks Phil. I thought that might be used for that purpose. In the case of purchasing two subs, would the mains L and R outputs be used and the SpeakON on the back used for the tops?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Triple XXX Head
It's a fairly versatile mixer. You could use most of the outputs to drive the subs including the main outputs. To keep it simple you could simply chain the second active sub off the first, that way you'd retain the option of just sending the bass you want to the subs. That's what I would do. However if you can stop your mate buying stuff I'd stick to what you have before buying any extra subs.

Spend some time getting to know your mixer and you will soon learn how to get the best out of it.

If you want to read a bit about PA then I've written some stuff here, follow the links for more detail https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1591207