Hey guys, I have an Art Dual Pre audio interface, and I´m really not happy with the onboard preamps, they are noisy and doesn´t put out a lot of volume. I saw this Art Tube MP preamp, which has a valve and sounds good for what I´ve heard in youtube demos, has anyone tried it or owns one? Which other preamps would you recommend, that are relatively inexpensive? (I thought about just getting a new audio interface, but its a bit more costly that what I can afford)

https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/191529/88236_800.jpg
You could always swap out the valve for better ones. Though I feel like the extra cost from that justifies just spending the money on a new interface.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I own a TPSII (another ART pre) and swapping the turd Chinese 12AX7 in it for a good Tungsol or JJ 12AT7 or 12AU7 cleans them up a lot and makes them very versatile. Gives a bit of cleaner headroom as well.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Just as a heads up, in the Pro Audio world, tube doesn't automatically equal better like it does in guitar amps.

I'd be more inclined to replace your interface before buying an external preamp. The Audient iD series are seriously fantastic especially for the price - how they're managing to make a profit on a $300 interface with the same mic pres as they put in $60,000 large format consoles is beyond me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.