I've been a a Yellowcard mood because I'm going to miss them, and I just saw them on their last tour, so I thought I'd write my own little YC inspired song. The Vocals aren't the greatest, but it was fun, and I'm pretty happy with it! I'm open to all crits! as always C4C

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwka549fbmmtmvx/SOMEDAY%20NEW%20VOX.mp3?dl=0
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Nov 18, 2016,
First off, thanks a ton for checking out my track and providing your feedback. It means a lot to me.

Someday is catchy and energetic. This track reminded me of a band from the mid 2000s called Halifax. The vocal harmonies at the beginning sound great. Overall, the vocal style sounds appropriate for the genre. As for the mix, the guitar tone is well balanced. The rhythm tone has a fair amount of crunch but it does not drown out any of the other instruments. The lead phrasing cuts through well. I found the kick drum tone a little aggressive.

Overall, I think this is a solid track. This was an enjoyable listen.

Peace!

edit: words :p
Hmm. really liked the energy. I think the vocals are mixed a little wrong. Some parts sound spot on, but some clash quite hard. Did you you track the same vocal parts twice?

But other than that it sounds really good. It's been so long since I've listened to punk, reminds me of my days wearing bandanas and long, emo cut hair. You've definitely got the punk touch. Keep at it.
Quote by DreamGate
Hmm. really liked the energy. I think the vocals are mixed a little wrong. Some parts sound spot on, but some clash quite hard. Did you you track the same vocal parts twice?

But other than that it sounds really good. It's been so long since I've listened to punk, reminds me of my days wearing bandanas and long, emo cut hair. You've definitely got the punk touch. Keep at it.
Yeah, I double tracked the vocals ,for that kinda 90s feel. I'm just not a good singer haha.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks,
Lots of treble in the mix, but I'm sensitive to that. I like the vocals better during the chorus, and the second (and later) verse(s). Maybe the instrumental part affected my opinion. Even if it's more repetitive, I'd replace the first verse vocals with the second......though the first verse sounded better on the second listen. The guitar riffs & drums are good. The song itself is good. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713477
Hey, thanks for the crit! (Sorry for the late one btw)

Cool opening riff, but I can't say I liked that guitar tone. The song gives me a really early 2000 vibe, especially the vocals.
Nice chorus! Really catchy, and I like that lead guitar melody in the background. I like the mix aswell, except for the guitar tone as I mentioned.
Cool outro solo too!

All in all, a really nice composed and arranged song you have here. Keep it up!
Hey,
Yeah, that's a very 2000s sounding track. The guitar tone is lacking a bit of meatiness to it IMO. The vocals are on the verge of drowning out in the mix during the verses. And the quiet guitar riff at the end needs to be a bar longer. Overall though it's a well planned out track with a good impact and could easily be enjoyed by fans of pop punk bands of that ilk.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713097
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Great sound & guitar sound. It could fit in an American Pie OST ! The voice is not perfect indeed, but it doesn't make the song bad at all, on the contrary !
Keep up the good work !

I'd be glad to have your opinion on one of my latest songs too. If you ever find the time to do so, here's the link : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706834
Rock In Peace.
Hey, man! Thanks for the feedback on my track.

The song is catchy, I like it, like someone mentioned before, it would fit very well in American Pie OST or some other silly, yet entertaining teen movie. The mix is pretty good, but the guitar tones have too much treble and lack low end, it gets pretty unpleasant if one listens to the track on headphones. The vocals almost disappeared in some parts...the harmonies are very nice, though!

All in all, good job...minus the things I mentioned!

And sorry for the late reply...been busy!