Hello everyone. Please help me to choose one of this used guitars:
1) SX Les Paul. I don't know the exact model name but seller says it has mahogany body with ash tree top and mahogany neck.
2) Kramer Pacer FT211S
3) LTD Viper 10
Pics http://imgur.com/a/rmoxh
The tone i would like to get as closely as it possible http://tinyurl.com/htrko8u
Last edited by sunrise1349 at Nov 16, 2016,
Agreed your amp is going to define your tone more than any other single piece of equipement. From the choices above I'd pick the Kramer hands down I have a 1987 Kramer F1000 and it is top notch when it comes to fit/finish and build quality.

Of course when buying used it is always best if you can get your hands on it first you can't tell how a guitar plays from a picture.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

^ is it an older kramer, though? IIRC there was a pacer during the musicyo era which was very low end (plywood body IIRC), and i wonder if that's one of them. EDIT: maybe it was a focus, i can't remember
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Thanks for advices. Another option is Yamaha RGX620Z (made in Taiwan), what do you think about it?
i haven't tried it but i think i would likely take it over the other three.

do you have a link to it, just in case i'm confusing it with another model?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Second-hand, I'm guessing?

I haven't tried that exact model but based on the Yamahas I have tried I would take that over the other ones you listed- assuming it's in decent condition etc..
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

^

Just (as with any second-hand guitar) check it over as thoroughly as you can, do research online to be sure you know exactly how it should look etc. etc. etc. (in case the owner has swapped parts etc. )
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman