Hi, I am looking for a second guitar in the 200-400 range. Must be electric, and be able to be easily tuned to different tunings, and also be good for many types of metal. Anyone know of any good guitars? I've been curious about the Schecter Omen 6 string, but am not sure.
Used Jackson DKMGT with the Active EMG 81/85 that was Made in Japan (MIJ).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
+1 for the DXMGT but asking for the "Best" guitar for just about any genre is subjective at best and will typically elicit a wide variety of answers based on bias and personal preference, perhaps a better question to ask would be what guitars are suited to playing metal.

That said, I paid $300 for mu used DKMGT which was cosemetically in near mint condition it had the EMGHZ passives upgraded to EMG actives plus the 18v mod if you can find one like it for around that price it would definately be an excellent choice.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

The old Jackson MIJ Dinkies are very hard to beat. Try and get the DKMGT though and skip the DXMG. EMG HZ pickups are puke.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
These guys are right..... the lower cost Jackson.... schecters have some good value guitars.... in muy personal experience, I've owned one, the omen is terrible
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The old Jackson MIJ Dinkies are very hard to beat. Try and get the DKMGT though and skip the DXMG. EMG HZ pickups are puke.

FWIW I have a DXMG it is a great guitar other than the pickups (swapped) I picked it up for a mere $175 in near mint condition, so finding a good DXMG for a good price that will allow you to afford to upgrade the pickups is a defiinatly option to consider, mine easily plays as well as my DKMG and DKMGT!

Also to consider is that some of the early DKMG/DKMGTs came with EMGHZ passives with a +10db EMG Turbocharger that Jackson called Afterburner. I bought mine used and it had already been upgraded to 81/81 with 18v mod. A DKMG/DKMGT is going to cost more so be sure it is a later model with the active set. The early models with passives had 3 knob volume/tone/10db boost. Along with the active upgrade/18v mod mine also has the 10db boost and it is a fire breather for sure.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 16, 2016,
Evilnine

My DKMGT came with the 81/85 and the Afterburner stock! Jackson only had this combination for 2-3 years I believe.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
The best guitar for metal is the one that inspires you lol. But you want a fixed bridge guitar that sounds metal i get it..... try anything from schecter