View poll results: Ever had that thought
yah
20 83%
nah
4 17%
Voters: 24.
Page 1 of 2
I just added another one.

When I was about 15 I survived a tornado in a log cabin in the middle of the night. Definitely had the "is this it? am I about to die?" thought there.

Just now I was going down the interstate and traffic suddenly screeched to a halt. I managed to stop in time, but when I checked my mirror I saw a 2-trailer semi barreling down on me. Def had the "is this it? am I about to die?" thought.

Jumped over into the shoulder and avoided it tho

Have you ever thought that you were about to die?
Check out my band Disturbed
Hitting black ice on a bridge and getting T-boned.

Really terrible turbulence and a shady landing on a local airline in Asia.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i was in wales on the brecon beacons walking and it was the middle of the summer and we ran out of water

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
I've always been a safe driver, but I've been the passenger in a few accidents and crashes with people who shouldn't be driving. Looking death in the face isn't exactly what I would call any of those experiences, but they sure scared me into being more cautious who I choose to ride with.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by by Zaphikh
The usual routine is to ban these accounts. I hope in the future, one day, the collective hive-mind will be able to trace down the identity of the person(s) who coded this spam-advertisement, and make first contact with them. Learn about them. Their dreams and desires as children, and what they were reduced to in maturity. Do they care for music? For love? Perhaps it's all a cryptic message sent by an alien looking for connection...

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Whenever I get a panic attack.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The terrible 2000's radio rock playing over the speaker in the pub next to me in this shopping center I'm working in

The joke is that my avatar is half of Colin Mochrie's face, hence, semi-Colin. Brilliant, huh?
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Whenever I get a panic attack.

oh yeah fuck had one of hese yesterday

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
oh yeah fuck had one of hese yesterday
I usually feel like I'm gonna pass out but sometimes I'm not with any friends so I can't trust anyone would call for an ambulance or anything.

However I do know it's unlikely to black out during an attack because your blood pressure tends to go up whereas blackouts happen when your blood pressure goes down (hence why it happens when you drink a lot).
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The terrible 2000's radio rock playing over the speaker in the pub next to me in this shopping center I'm working in

The joke is that my avatar is half of Colin Mochrie's face, hence, semi-Colin. Brilliant, huh?
I was (roughly) 5 minutes away from one of the 7/7 bombings on a school trip.

We'd gone through the earls court area earlier and were taking a long way round to get back to the school.

No one went into school next day.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer

We'd gone through the earls court area earlier and were taking a long way round to get back to the school.

I was in school when I found out, My dad works in London as did most other kids in the school. Was absolutely terrifying because everyone was trying to call their parents but got no answer. The day went on as usual though.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
I usually feel like I'm gonna pass out but sometimes I'm not with any friends so I can't trust anyone would call for an ambulance or anything.

However I do know it's unlikely to black out during an attack because your blood pressure tends to go up whereas blackouts happen when your blood pressure goes down (hence why it happens when you drink a lot).

I was cycling home last night and got one for some reason it was absolutely horrible. Could not relax all evening. Not cycling home in the dark again.

bring back UG classic
Panic attacks are pretty terrifying. I woke up and had a panic attack in the middle of the night once and I felt like I was being chased or hunted down. It was the most bizarre and terrifying experience I had in a long time. I struggled to breathe and sweat ran down my face. If I heard anything more than a pin dropping, I would've completely lost it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
The one time I could have thought that, it happened way too fast for anything to go through my head except "wtf oh shit no"

I was riding a small motorcycle (like an old Honda 125 or something) on a back road way out in the country when I was probably 12 or 13. A neighboring kid was on a dirtbike behind me and I turned around to see if he was still there because I couldn't see him in my mirrors. Unfortunately the road was going into a nearly 45° curve and had a dropoff/ditch thing that ran along the side. I was going wayyy too fast, nearly 40mph and although I did break and turn into the curve, I went straight into the ditch and was launched off into the grass and my body rolled and bounced for what seemed like an eternity. Prob like 5 seconds though.

Pretty sure I could have like snapped my neck or something, but I was completely okay except for some scratches and a bruise.

Why was I riding a motorcycle when I was that young? When you live in The Middle of Fucking Nowhere, Mississippi, 20 miles from the nearest actual city, your grandfather gives you things he shouldn't.
Last edited by Ignite at Nov 16, 2016,
guys, panic attacks are not "im about to die" moments jfc
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by EpiExplorer

Same. Except I was bunking off to go shopping in Oxford Street.

My friend and I came back home instead and just stared at the tv in silence for ages.

Also had an ex boyfriend in a murderous rage trying to choke me. He let go and I ran out of the house but it was one of these horrible bland cul de sacs where there were just little pedestrian lanes at the bottom. He came out after me and I watched from my hiding place behind a fence as he ripped bits off my car and let the air out of the tyres so I couldn't escape.
I elaborated on this in chat thread but. in the summer I was a couple inches away from getting hit by a car

there was that time in high school when I almost got stabbed in the bathroom

there was that time a lot of people were getting stabbed in church as I sat a few feet away

there was that time there was a drive by
a time a car exploded in front of me
another drive by

etc.

it was more like close calls than oh fuck Im gonna die

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Nov 16, 2016,
Most of mine I was already in hospital, and medication makes the memories quite fuzzy.

The one that I can clearly remember, though, I knew I wasn't going to die, but getting IV adenosine does kind of feel like there's a hand inside your chest, squeezing the life out of your heart.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Had 2 friends (On different occasions) both clinically die at festivals (Frenchtek & Bassface) due to drugs (Methoxdiphenidine mixed with cocaine and ketamine & something unknown in the second case) but both be re-animated, the one mate even got a bill in the mail from French health services which was quite funny.

Myself, when living in Australia almost got dragged out by rip-tides at a very very choppy beach, one that wasn't guarded. Luckily a bloke was surfing and saw me.

Almost hit by someone in a car at Frenchtek, also robbed at knife-point at Frenchtek, and super-bad whooping cough as a baby.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
i was in wales on the brecon beacons walking and it was the middle of the summer and we ran out of water

Who Dares Dies of Dehydration
Almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was three years old.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
One of my several near-death moments was over so fast it was past almost before I realised it. I was overtaking a road train (prime mover, three trailers) on the single track bitumen road between Katherine and Kununurra. The road trains won't move their outer wheels off the bitumen onto the soft shoulder, too dangerous, so it was just a long steady haul at about 110 k/hr with one pair of wheels on the soft shoulder, the other on the bitumen. I hadn't seen the concrete drain culvert in the shoulder until I was on it, and the outer wheels were actually on the narrow concrete rim of the culvert - I heard the brief change in tyre noise. Another couple of inches further over and I would have gone over the edge with no hope of surviving a 70+ mph flip into the spoon drain.
I was 16, me and my friends bought what was called "synthetic marijuana", it's basically some weed with the active THC being altered slightly so that it wouldnt be considered THC anymore, thus creating a loophole and making the product technically legal.

Pot has never affected me well, but this shit took it to a whole other level. Basically I took a few huge tokes and for the first 10 minutes I was laughing my ass off. Then came the nausea, the spinning head and EVERYTHING WAS PULSATING. I could feel the blood flowing in my vains, this on top of the constant rush of thoughts through my head and the constant nausea made me sure that "I overdosed", even if this shit is essentially harmless and I know you cant OD on MJ.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
I was 16, me and my friends bought what was called "synthetic marijuana", it's basically some weed with the active THC being altered slightly so that it wouldnt be considered THC anymore, thus creating a loophole and making the product technically legal.

Pot has never affected me well, but this shit took it to a whole other level. Basically I took a few huge tokes and for the first 10 minutes I was laughing my ass off. Then came the nausea, the spinning head and EVERYTHING WAS PULSATING. I could feel the blood flowing in my vains, this on top of the constant rush of thoughts through my head and the constant nausea made me sure that "I overdosed", even if this shit is essentially harmless and I know you cant OD on MJ.

"I smoked synth weed that is basically made from everything under your sink for cleaning and not something you should be consuming"

"essentially harmless tho"

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Had a tracer round shot so close to me that the pupil constricted in my right eye

I was like 'what'
once, I was about to die

and I was like "I'm gounna die!"

i nearly died
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I had two. I was on I-10 and hydroplaned in mississippi. Went 70 mph into a wall. Walked away with only a minor concussion. When i was 4 years old i drowned in a pool and did legally die. My father preformed cpr on me and brought me back to life.
Quote by Banjocal
once, I was about to die

and I was like "I'm gounna die!"

i nearly died

damn

how did you live?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
"I smoked synth weed that is basically made from everything under your sink for cleaning and not something you should be consuming"

"essentially harmless tho"

Well supposedly.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Couple times.

The worst was when I regained consciousness briefly while getting jumped. Completely numb, it was very surreal. Basically, I woke up on the ground and realized I was getting repeatedly kicked in the head and body by two different guys. Could feel the impact, but not the pain. Just kinda thought, "I don't wanna be here anymore" and lost consciousness again.

Another less dramatic time was driving home at night after work and some idiot tried to change lanes directly into me without checking their blind spot. We were approaching an overpass with limited shoulder area, so I had to swerve into the shoulder, slam on the brakes and cut back onto the road without checking if there was anyone there. Luckily it was late so there wasn't.
Quote by Guitar0player

That shit is far from harmless. 5F-AKB, FUB-PB22, JWH-122, ect, you'll find plenty of death and addiction stories linked. There's no harm at all in the testing of research chemicals, be them safe or dangerous, but the fucking scum who peddle 'Buddha Buds' or 'Ivory Wave' or all those other stupidly names fucking 'synthetic cannabis' shit in their headshops, no lists of ingredients, not even the seller knows what he's selling, those wastes of air would not be out of place stood atop the gallows.

I happily do, and think anyone should happily be allowed to, ingest the chemicals present in these 'legal weed' formulations and all other 'legal highs', but buy them from a reputable chemical vendor who sells you an amount of a chemical, not a branded bag of powder or plant matter with undisclosed chemicals inside.

The people who ingest them without any knowledge are almost as idiotic.
I almost died in a hotel swimming pool because for some reason I locked up while swimming in the deep-end. I got saved by a random woman who thankfully noticed me slowly sinking. Being unable to move while drowning is not something I wish to experience ever again.

I almost died again when I was riding my bike in my friend's yard and I pulled out onto the street in front of an on-coming car. The car stopped before it hit me but the shock definitely gave me a "deer caught in the headlights" look while my vision went white for a few seconds.

Another time I almost died was when me and a few of my friends got together and started driving around town. We went to their family's house in a really bad part of town and picked up their cousins. One of their cousins got a call from a girl who some of them wanted to bang asking them to come over. We drove over there and the girl told them they had to some through the back window. So they go back behind the house(like a bunch of dumbasses I should add) while a few of us waited around the truck. Then like 20 seconds after they went behind the house we heard some to the effect of "Ya'll better get the fuck up out my motherfuckin house!" being yelled by an angry woman. We hear them book it from around back and then we hear someone fire a gunshot very close by. They get into the truck and we speed off whiling continuing to hear gunshots very close by.
Quote by Guitar0player

I've had some moments but yea when I smoked spice was probable the one time I was sure I was gonna die. Also the only time I asked someone to call an ambulance. Luckily they didn't I guess but yea drugs are bad mmmkay. Also there was no laughing for me lol
Quote by Owenlee55
Who Dares Dies of Dehydration
Heatstroke, really(for training exercises)

Also applies to Per Mare, Per Terram
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
> Riding the swing set really hard.

> Fall on my back onto sand.

> Unable to breathe, the end is nigh.

> Thinking of my dog.

> Getting up.

EDIT: Another one, more serious, was when I was walking in the middle of a road and a truck and a jeep wizzed by at the same time, millimeters away from me.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 16, 2016,
first asthma attack a couple years ago was one. It was my second week of my first cross country season and I didn't even know I had asthma. It's athletic induced.

Few weeks ago I was on an airplane home from Florida with what I thought was a cold, but turned out to be a really extreme sinus infection. The plane ride was an absolute painful nightmare, and I didn't know what was happening. I definitely thought that the plane may have at least had to make an emergency landing. all was well tho, got on the antibiotics after we got back and I'm still getting better.
Last edited by ehbacon at Nov 16, 2016,
At 14, 3 males wanted to find out how sexy I was by way of how much extreme violence I could physically take
At 21, 2 males pushed me out of a second story window, where I landed on an awning and fell twenty feet into shrubs.
At 34, 1 male used an aluminum baseball bat and grisly violence to be sure I suffered a miscarriage in the eighth month.

There may be a few more times that I cannot remember. The first one probably does not count since I apparently did flatline and had to be resuscitated on the way to the hospital, only to slip into a coma after arriving for 18 days.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Nov 16, 2016,
Quote by AllJudasPriest

At 34, 1 male used an aluminum baseball bat and grisly violence to be sure I suffered a miscarriage in the eighth month.

What the fuck? Is this dude dead yet?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 2