Looking at getting a practice amp, as using a 65 watt amp in my bedroom isn't ideal. What would be a good wattage and a good make to go for? I generally play songs by The Smiths, Joy Division, Oasis, Radiohead, etc, so built-in effects might be useful to have on it too. I've been looking at the Fender Mustang I V.2 20 watt amp, would this be a good choice?
If you already own that 65W amp then just get a re-amper (Ultimate, Unleash, Power Station) to reduce the volume for the bedroom.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
It's useful to ask yourself what that amp will be expected to do.
I use a modeler and a pair of decent nearfield studio monitors (about 100W each).
The power levels have little to do with volume and a lot more to do with their ability to reproduce low end with clarity.
8Len8 Cheers man, I'll look into them

dspellman I'm not very knowledgeable on amplifiers but at a low volume it sounds quite poor, which isn't exactly ideal when that's the volume it stays at most of the time. It sounds absolutely fine when turned up, but I'm kinda looking for something that has a bit more clarity when down low.
Quote by aaron-crawford

dspellman I'm not very knowledgeable on amplifiers but at a low volume it sounds quite poor, which isn't exactly ideal when that's the volume it stays at most of the time. It sounds absolutely fine when turned up, but I'm kinda looking for something that has a bit more clarity when down low.

That's precisely one of the reasons I use the nearfield studio monitors and the modeler.