So, just over a month ago, I ordered a Jackson JS32 Kelly from my local Long&McQuade. Like, I went in to the store and got them to ship it into the store, and I pay it off on layaway. I just know this will be a very cool guitar, perfect for my hard rock/metal needs. The only thing is, I'm very impatient when ordering online. I can handle the long waits, it's just not knowing when it will come that bothers me. The estimated arrival date was November 7th, and they're closed on Wednesdays, so unless it came in today then it still isn't here. I'll be paying the rest of it off in about 8 more days, so I'm really hoping it comes in before then.

Basically, I wanna hear other peoples stories about having them order something into the store, and how long it took. I know it won't change the time I have to wait, but it may ease my mind. I know there's other threads that some people waited a looooong time, but I wanna hear about good experiences and stuff. My Jackson is coming from Fender in the US, and the store is in Summerside, PEI if that helps.

TL;DR
If you've had a music store ship a guitar or anything in from the US to Canada for you to buy, how long was the wait for it to come in to the store?

Thank you
Epiphone SG Pro Cherry Red
Jackson JS32 Kelly Snow White
Line 6 Spider IV 30
Behringer Ultra Metal UM300
Depends really. Ive had guitars I have ordered come in a few weeks after I ordered and others that came months after the fact. On average though I would say it takes around a month for me to get a guitar if I go the L&M route.

Im a bit impatient as well so I try to buy things they have in stock as much as possible. Sometimes I slip up and order something from japan though
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Even I order a used guitar from Guitar Center online I have it shipped to my local GC that way if it is damaged or not what I thought I can just get a refund and leave it there.

I too am impatient but it is getting a little better with age
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Closed on Wednesdays?? If they didn't have it in stock at a warehouse, most of their stuff will take at least a month. Their shipments from the warehouse usually arrive on Thurs/Friday, if that helps.

I ordered a set of Gotoh locking machine heads in August... still not here. Took close to 3 weeks to bring in a used Mesa 2x12 cab (ordered the same day), ended up asking one of the managers if they were growing, cutting and seasoning the wood in Petaluma, CA or something. Or if they were using mules lol
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
DarthV Lol, yeah they're closed on Wednesday and Sunday here, I don't think that's normal for the other locations. I'm sure out of all their locations across Canada they would have the guitar I want (or the machine heads you want) so it would be nice if they just shipped it from that store to the store closest to you, but eh the longer I wait the more excited I'll be to get it
Line 6 Spider IV 30
Quote by patrick.chappell
DarthV Lol, yeah they're closed on Wednesday and Sunday here, I don't think that's normal for the other locations. I'm sure out of all their locations across Canada they would have the guitar I want (or the machine heads you want) so it would be nice if they just shipped it from that store to the store closest to you, but eh the longer I wait the more excited I'll be to get it

Yeah its not really normal for sure. Im guessing youre in a smaller town?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm in F'ton, NB. Little? Sure, not as small as Summerside (where the TS is from) or Charlottetown :P

In my case, they didn't have any of the Gotoh locking machine heads in stock anywhere. So they would have been ordered through Efkay? And they are terrible for delivery times. The manager I usually deal with said he could get them from a different dealer, but that was weeks ago.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
H4T3BR33D3R Yeah, Summerside is a tiny "city" on a tiny island. We got a Starbucks about 2 years ago, and everyone was extremely excited.
It closed down about 1 year after opening lmao
The in-store stock at L&M is pretty basic too, I was surprised even seeing a little Ibanez in there, probably just for a kids beginner guitar.
As for the rest of the electric selection they have a basic selection of pedals, and a few Gibson and Fenders, but probably twice as many Epi's and Squiers. Most of the amps aren't much more intense than a Line 6 Spider, but I also never really looked at them all. Most local performers seem to be mainly acoustic players, so there is a good selection of nice looking acoustics.
Line 6 Spider IV 30
Unless you phone the store and order it over the phone there, everything comes from Missasauga, or if it's not in stock at the store.

I've only bought pedals and a few other goodies online, and usually takes a week and a half roughly to ship to Saskatchewan. I've learned that if I call the Regina store, I can get them in a couple days as they send it in the bus.

I just preordered a couple of the new TC electronic pedals a couple weeks ago and just got an email yesterday saying they are backordered from the supplier now so I won't get until mid December. They offered the option to modify my order if I wanted to.

But then there's Axe Music...
All I've had were headaches dealing with them. A few years ago I wanted the Ibanez Xiphos 27 fret, ordered it and whatnot. Few weeks go by and no word or anything. Get ahold of someone at the store and they say they didn't have any in stock anymore so are waiting on the supplier. Another month goes by and same thing so I cancelled my order. Went and bought a guitar at Mothers Music in Saskatoon.

I ordered a pedal board and something else from axe, took awhile to process and ship but wasn't too bad.

Figured maybe the first guitar issue was a fluke so I bought a guitar from them last year or so. Took over a week to actually process my order, and then another week after that for them to ship it. Once it was out of their hands it was quick, but needless to say I won't be ordering online from them anymore.
I waited 7 months for a lefty Godin. I ordered from my LGS in march, they estimated 6-8 weeks. I finally got it in September. Several parts were backordered, and Godin only makes so many of each lefty guitar/colour, then makes them to order.

I knew the potential for a several month wait was there. I was OK with it. Godin/LGS was very good with keeping me up-to-date with where things were at.
Quote by rukuus
I waited 7 months for a lefty Godin. I ordered from my LGS in march, they estimated 6-8 weeks. I finally got it in September. Several parts were backordered, and Godin only makes so many of each lefty guitar/colour, then makes them to order.

I knew the potential for a several month wait was there. I was OK with it. Godin/LGS was very good with keeping me up-to-date with where things were at.

7 months?

Man, thats crazy. If they made me wait more that 2 months I'd cancel and just order it from somewhere else. 7 months is too long unless you're getting a custom guitar done.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I'm planning on getting a Kelly JS32 as well. Ferrari red.

Just to get used too the shape and figure out if it's for me or not. Then, many years from now when I have the kind of income, I'll get a custom made KE2, that's the plan anyway.
Last edited by jordandeir at Nov 17, 2016,
Can you just order from Reverb.com from someone or a store that will ship to Canada? I'm in the USA and purchased my LTD EC-1001 from a private seller and it arrived in less than 2 weeks to my door.

Also, Kellys shift everthing to the left a bit. Not really a bad thing, especially if you want the higher frets - they aren't as close to your body. Look into a used KE3 - I got mine for a steal with OHSC. Setup, swap in some pickups and she's good to go.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
7 months?

Man, thats crazy. If they made me wait more that 2 months I'd cancel and just order it from somewhere else. 7 months is too long unless you're getting a custom guitar done.

There was no ordering from elsewhere. There were no more lefty's of that model remaining. 650 for a north american made guitar? yeah, worth the wait.
Quote by metalmingee
Can you just order from Reverb.com from someone or a store that will ship to Canada? I'm in the USA and purchased my LTD EC-1001 from a private seller and it arrived in less than 2 weeks to my door.

Also, Kellys shift everthing to the left a bit. Not really a bad thing, especially if you want the higher frets - they aren't as close to your body. Look into a used KE3 - I got mine for a steal with OHSC. Setup, swap in some pickups and she's good to go.

Well there is extra paperwork for cross border, not to mention the extortion level potential brokerage fees on TOP of Canadian taxes.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
DarthV

Even with all of the customs and extra fee I still got an awesome deal.

Besides is another $20 worth getting something weeks sooner?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Thought I would mention it arrived in the store on Monday, so it was only 2 weeks past the estimated date (about a month and a half after the order) I went in on Tuesday for some new 1.3mm picks, and they let me try it out while I was there. I didn't plug it in because I wasn't able to get it until Thursday after school (which is today and I'm in 2nd period right now haha) because I'm already excited and impatient enough, but oh boy seeing that shiny new Jackson headstock come out of the wrapping it's in was like magic. That's one sharp guitar, and it felt just as good as it is pointy.
Line 6 Spider IV 30
Glad you got your guitar man! Enjoy
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Congrats man, my guitar showed up from L&M yesterday, exactly the day it should have been. I did have a shipping issue, but that was 100% Purolator, not L&M. My guitar was packed incredibly well, and the other odds and ends were packed just as nicely. I would online order again from L&M in a heartbeat.