Hey all, looking to find a very specific type of guitar to buy. First things first, I wanna keep it below $500. This of course means I have no problem buying used. I'm looking for a metal machine. I want something fun, fast, and awesome to look at. I obviously understand this is difficult on a budget. Essentially, I want it to look and sound like an old school metal guitar, something that screams "I wanna rock and I don't care!". I don't mind buying it AS-IS for now, and replacing pickups later, so if that helps at all I don't have a problem with it. I don't care how old it is, as long as it works and fits my needs. Last thing, I live in the Philly metro, so I have access to many different stores, and I also don't mind buying online. I know this might be hard, so thank you very much in advance! I'd be happy to answer any questions if needed.
For a thread that asks for a "Specific" look you dont give any details other than you want an awesome used gutiar under 500$...

ca'mon man... help us out!
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
I'd look at Jackson. Tons of options used for <$500. Kelly, King V, Rhodes, Soloist, Dinky. . . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
To a certain extent the guitar means far less than the amp your using for said genre of music, Meaning something like a Gibson semi hollow ES may not be a good choice for Metal but played through something along the lines of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec it might suffice, On the flip side something like an Ibanez Iron label RG or Jackson SLATX might look like a metal heads dream guitar, But if playing through an old school Fender amp it still sounds a bit too classic rock, but with the use of some fancy FX peddles may do in a pinch, Put the Gibson with the Fender and the Jackson with the Mesa and now we have different animals, One a metal machine and the other a different machine, If using a cheap 6 inch speaker having practice amp then the guitar really means very little, Your just using different bait in your mouse trap , so within your budget pick the one you think looks best, All are made in China or Indonesia by the same factories, and by the same factory workers regardless of the logo on the headstock, Also if fancy inlay and paint are important, remember that costs more to make, so to keep it at that price level corners needed to be cut in other areas to sell it at that price, Meaning the plain Jane at the same price as the pig with lipstick is most likely a better guitar when the lights go out, Also remember that logo no matter which outsourced manufacture made it comes with a premium. Meaning Oh look its an Ibanez or Jackson it must be good so I'll pay more for it, Yea ok the same Chinese factory worker assembled the SX or Douglass, Almost the same guitar just costs half the price, but we wouldn't want your friends laughing at you for playing a guitar they haven't heard of right? When all is said and done all that matters is if you like your guitar, If not sell it and buy another, Its how we develop our preferences over the years,
Last edited by nastytroll at Nov 17, 2016,
dcsheehanJackson, Ibanez, Dean, Washburn, Schecter, B.C. Rich and ESP. All worth consideration for your pointy metal guitar needs.
Last edited by V3n0m777 at Nov 17, 2016,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.