I'm looking to get a new pickup for my HSS Stratocaster. I'm trying for the type of sound used by bands like Sabaton. Any advice as to what types of pickups to look into?
the sound will have way more to do with your amp than the pickups. I'd start by seeing what the guitar player uses for that band and go from there
Hi, I really like Tex mex pickups in my hss start in neck and middle position. They are quite versatile. Then having a good hunbucker for higher output applications.
Quote by monwobobbo
the sound will have way more to do with your amp than the pickups. I'd start by seeing what the guitar player uses for that band and go from there

Agreed, while I notice a significant sound difference between pickups, IMHO they're second to the amp. Most of your tone is going to come from your amp/speakers/effects (if any)
Quote by Xander_X
Agreed, while I notice a significant sound difference between pickups, IMHO they're second to the amp. Most of your tone is going to come from your amp/speakers/effects (if any)

yeah but more often than not it's the clean tones that tell the difference. once you start piling on the gain it gets tougher.