Honestly I don't know. Does anyone know if any of the 2015-2016 guitars have laminate rosewood boards?

Thanks!
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
*reported* mod please move to EG.
Thread was moved to forum: Electric Guitar
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Not anymore, no.

I find it a bit comical that they advertise on their site as their guitars having '1 piece fretboards' as though that's some kind of distinctive selling point. It's understandable why they've mentioned it in light of the laminate fretboard BS, but it's still like... wow.... 1 piece board.... Such quality.... Many wow.

I think the fretboards themselves are thicker on the 15/16 model years too for some odd reason. Like with G-Farce, the customer demographic Gibson was going for on their market research was probably the people of Narnia when they decided that this was what people wanted.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
It's an American advertising thing. I wouldn't be surprised to find someone offering "gluten-free" guitars, somewhere over here.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
It's an American advertising thing. I wouldn't be surprised to find someone offering "gluten-free" guitars, somewhere over here.
TBH, the only reason people aren't advertising certified organic guitars is probably difficulty getting certification for a forest rather than a farm.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Gluten free non-GMO guitars.

High in fiber tho

It seems Gibby has been doin weird stuff with their fretboards since the BS 2011 raid by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

The financial disruption to Gibson was considerable – a $250,000 settlement, a $50,000 payoff to environmentalist groups, over $2 million in legal fees, plus the cost of production lost while shut down by the raid.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 18, 2016,
Evilnine yeah, and I hope they learned their lesson.

alhaq369
Quote by gregs1020
Honestly I don't know. Does anyone know if any of the 2015-2016 guitars have laminate rosewood boards?

Thanks!

IIRC they had stopped using them in 2013 or so on most of their models?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
thanks guys, i wasn't sure and am considering a 2015-2016 guitar.

all my other guitars are gluten free. ;-)
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 18, 2016,
Quote by gregs1020
thanks guys, i wasn't sure and am considering a 2015-2016 guitar.

all my other guitars are gluten free. ;-)

Yeah I think it was 11-12 where you had the ply boards and then late 12 they went 2 piece boards. Sometime in 2013 they stopped the 2 piece boards and went solid boards again. AFAIK though no 2013 RIs have multi-piece boards but I'm sure there is an exception somewhere

Nice, what kind?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The marketing talk in this thread reminds me of this.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Quote by dannyalcatraz

hahahahahaha

here too. i've seen adverts for things as "gluten-free" which never had gluten in them in the first place. like advertising apples as "banana-free".
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by JustRooster
The marketing talk in this thread reminds me of this.

alhaq369
Gibson got into some trouble with the FEDs awhile back, as in had some endangered exotic woods protected under the Lacey Act they were not suppose to have here in the US, Thus they started making boards from Torrefied Maple, Which in a sense is a heat/pressure treated press board, Which is what I believe your referring to, Today they've got back to real wood, Just not the endangered species type,
^ yeah i know, german supplier with shady deals the first time around and a mis-classification of "finished" fretboards not being quite so etc. the second time around. i just wasn't sure if they were back to using solid wood fretboards anymore. fwiw i like baked maple, almost bought a warmoth baked maple neck when i was neck shopping.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice, what kind?

i've been suffering from firebird gas something fierce.

i guess the irony is that the firebird is essentially a big laminate guitar

Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 20, 2016,