Hi there!

I've found myself becoming the only guitar player in my band, and most songs are written for 2 guitars. For this reason I've been wanting to use a pre recorded track for the second guitar to be played through the same guitar amp I'm using. I've looked into looper pedals but because I have no experience of them I don't know which one to pick up.

To me, the pedal I need has to be able to store and play pre-recorded songs (not just snippets) and not require the use of my hands during the songs.

My guess is that I'm not the first to run into this problem, and I'd really appreciate some help!
I think your biggest problem will be sync'ing with the drummer. Professional bands with backing tracks use click tracks that the drummer can hear. Without that things will likely get out of sync and sound really bad.

The only real option is effects to thicken your sound (chorus, delays, or doublets). Many of us in 1-guitar bands just pick songs written for 1 guitar.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Last edited by 8Len8 at Nov 18, 2016,
Yeah, you need a backing track, not a looper pedal. Ive seen bands use loopers before, but only for short sections, not a full song.
Jo┼ża je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by damillion
Hi there!

I've found myself becoming the only guitar player in my band, and most songs are written for 2 guitars. For this reason I've been wanting to use a pre recorded track for the second guitar to be played through the same guitar amp I'm using. I've looked into looper pedals but because I have no experience of them I don't know which one to pick up.

I have 16-track sequencers on two of my keyboards. With these sequencers, you can play click tracks, activate MIDI sequences (control lights, etc.), play back pre-recorded instrumental parts and more. You can also select which tracks you want to play back, depending on which performers are absent.
Quote by damillion
Hi there!

To me, the pedal I need has to be able to store and play pre-recorded songs (not just snippets) and not require the use of my hands during the songs.

My guess is that I'm not the first to run into this problem, and I'd really appreciate some help!
There is something like the WireTap Riff Recorder from TC Electronic that is more like a recording "bank" rather than a looper. However, as others said, you will have a hard time keeping the tempo synced without a click track through In-Ear-Monitoring. I would forgo the Riff Recorder and just record the tracks on the computer, lined up to a click, and send the recorded track either to a guitar amp or to FOH, and keep the click only in your In-Ear-Monitoring. That does mean you need IEM so it gets complicated.

As far as sending the track to your guitar amp, I would suggest not. Your amp would be working with two guitar signals which will likely run you out of headroom very quickly, the sound will not be good. Send it to a separate amp (either recorded dry and sent to another physical guitar amp), or record it through an amp and send the processed signal to PA or another FRFR system.
Hmm, this has given me something to think about! I think I'll look into using a backing track with in ear monitoring instead. Thanks for all the replies!