I am getting a new DSL100H and I have read that it needs a boost in order to play songs from bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, so I would like to have some advice from fellow guitar men.

Thanks
talk about opening a can of worms.. easy answer is the one that works best for you. if you want 80s authentic then your best bet is an Ibanez Tubescreamer. of course there are like a million variations of that pedal that all could work for you. my personal fav is a Digitech CM-2 Overdrive but it's out of production (but not hard to find)
Pretty much any overdrive will do the job well enough.

My vote goes to the tried and true Ibanez TS9, or Maxon OD808 pedals. Or BOSS SD-1/Digitech Bad Monkey on a budget.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
I have 2 suggestions. For $30 brand new is the Joyo Vintage Overdrive (Maxon OD-808 Clone). For $75-$100 used is the Budda Zenman - it's a boost and two mode tubescreamer in the same chassis.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
That's like saying "which shade of blue is the best?" Ten different pedals will sound ten different ways to ten different people in front of ten different amps with ten different guitars. It sounds like you need to go to some guitar shops and start trying things.
i like the boss sd1 (or the cheaper daphon clone). the sd1 can have bypass bleed though, which is a pain if you don't have another buffered pedal to put in front of it (which cures it). but if you do, it's my favourite.

but as everyone else is saying, it pretty much depends more on what you like best, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.