I bought this pickup a while ago. I was told it was a Gibson Burstbucker 3 for the neck. I'm thinking not.
It ohms out at 8.0-8.1. Hopefully someone here here can ID for me.
Thanks in advance.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10
It's been pointed out there is a T showing out of the lower solder blob. If that's of any help. The poles are about 52mm apart as well.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10
I suspect that it is a Gibson 490T Humbucker. Since the base plate has the Gibson PAF patent number engraved or stamped on it, then it is likely a Gibson.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
With the Gibson PAF pickups, they will only stamp the Patent number on the outside. The real tell of what the pickup is lies on the inside of the cover. That would require you to pull off those solder blobs and pull it apart.

Now, I can tell you they're not Burstbuckers for two reasons; They do not have solder blobs, and the BB's come with a sticker or stamp with the initials of who they're wound by. I'm also relatively sure they don't solder the outside of the ground on the wire to the back of the pickup plate.

Your pole pieces are flush on the backside as well, so that would eliminated Lover style PAF's and T-Buckers. I would also eliminate 490T or 490R from the equation because those don't have a pat no. on the back, they just say Gibson USA. Classic 57's do not come stamped at all.

Your pickup pictured resembles two pickups. First is the Dirty Fingers, which as a 13k output that I think would not be yours at all. The other is the Tim Shaw humbucker, which is advertised at 7.5k, so entirely more likely. I'd put my money on the Tim Shaw.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 20, 2016,