Hi!
My name is Oscar. I'm from eastern Europe and I play the guitar for about 5 years now.
I love doing it. It's just my passion and i couldn't live without it. Accualy, you probably are all guitarists so you know how it is
Anyway, as I mentioned in thread name, I need your help.
My old guitar - Cort kx5 katana is in veeery poor condition. It has some issues with electronics and renovation will probably cost more than this guitar is even worth... I really want to buy myself a new one, and I thought about Fender American Special Strat, because this guitar has always been my Dream
Unfortunately, I don't belong to a very rich family and lately, we had some financial problems. Now, to the point. I don't want this to look like begging, But Please, if you can and want to help me, go to the link below. There after creating an account you can donate some money. Again, I don't want to Beg, if you want to help me, then do if you don't want to, then don't. Anyway Thank you for reading and helping me.

Here is Link https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/new-guitar--21/x/15445217

P.S. Sorry if i made any mistakes in this post, but english isn't my first language - as i mentioned i'm from eastern europe I hope you will understand.
Quote by OzgarGubaz13

Hi!
My name is Oscar. I'm from eastern Europe and I play the guitar for about 5 years now.
I love doing it. It's just my passion and i couldn't live without it. Accualy, you probably are all guitarists so you know how it is
Anyway, as I mentioned in thread name, I need your help.
My old guitar - Cort kx5 katana is in veeery poor condition. It has some issues with electronics and renovation will probably cost more than this guitar is even worth... I really want to buy myself a new one, and I thought about Fender American Special Strat, because this guitar has always been my Dream
Unfortunately, I don't belong to a very rich family and lately, we had some financial problems. Now, to the point. I don't want this to look like begging, But Please, if you can and want to help me, go to the link below. There after creating an account you can donate some money. Again, I don't want to Beg, if you want to help me, then do if you don't want to, then don't. Anyway Thank you for reading and helping me.

Here is Link https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/new-guitar--21/x/15445217

P.S. Sorry if i made any mistakes in this post, but english isn't my first language - as i mentioned i'm from eastern europe I hope you will understand.
Save your self some money and find a USED Made in Mexico Strat, and get it properly set up by a tech (around $60 USD of labor). You can come out with a guitar that plays and will sound very similar to that ~$1k offering for probably under $500, if not less.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 19, 2016,
find a USED Made in Mexico Strat

I don't mind buying Used guitar, but i i would prefer not to buy mexican strat because almost all of them have only 21 frets which is pretty big deal for me :/ also, i heard that Mexicans are made from less durable materials (correct me if i'm wrong) and i want to buy guitar that suffice me for years.
Quote by OzgarGubaz13
I don't mind buying Used guitar, but i i would prefer not to buy mexican strat because almost all of them have only 21 frets which is pretty big deal for me :/ also, i heard that Mexicans are made from less durable materials (correct me if i'm wrong) and i want to buy guitar that suffice me for years.
Right, if you need the 22 frets then yeah I guess you will want the American. You could also probably find those used as well and still save some money. As far as the durability, I would not worry about anything on a MIM breaking. The main thing is the setup.
Or even better, get a cheap soldering iron and some solder and fix/sort out your existing guitar, it shouldn't be too hard to do and will be a fraction of the price
Quote by Bladez22
Or even better, get a cheap soldering iron and some solder and fix/sort out your existing guitar, it shouldn't be too hard to do and will be a fraction of the price
+1 to this too. Cort is not exactly a high-tier brand, but with proper knowledge you can make most guitars sound and play pretty good. It is useful stuff to know, you do not have to spend a ton of money to get a good guitar. Then again, a guitar at $1000 USD will be miles away better than one at $100 of course.
Quote by OzgarGubaz13
also, i heard that Mexicans are made from less durable materials

I'll outlast you buddy >:|

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story