So, I have a (crappy) solid-state practice amp by the company Acoustic called the Lead Series: G10. I don't really use the speaker on the amp these days, and I just hook it up to a Bose speaker, basically using it as a distortion pedal.
Despite it's flaws, it has a mid-shift button that, when turned off, I use to get some really nasty growl-like sounds when I crank up the mids. I'm a big fan of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails and such, and it's really cool being able to make my guitar sound like a gritty synth.
Anyways, I want to figure out what two mid-frequencies the amp switches between. Is there any way to figure it out based on the components?
I'm not exactly an expert on electronic circuits yet, so excuse me if it's extremely obvious
"You're a bitch. Do drugs." - Cordan
Mid-Shift: This button decreases the level of the mid
frequencies by 15dB creating a “Scooped" mid sound.

This statement is from your owners manual. You can find the manual online as I did.
^ I think he wants the exact frequency so he can maybe achieve a similar result with other kit (maybe an EQ pedal or similar).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Dont know if this is helpful but if you download audacity you can record the sound and then use the eq function to eliminate certain frequencies. Once you have eliminated the one you like you will know what the exact number is.
Quote by Caede_Official
So, I have a (crappy) solid-state practice amp by the company Acoustic called the Lead Series: G10. I don't really use the speaker on the amp these days, and I just hook it up to a Bose speaker, basically using it as a distortion pedal.
Despite it's flaws, it has a mid-shift button that, when turned off, I use to get some really nasty growl-like sounds when I crank up the mids. I'm a big fan of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails and such, and it's really cool being able to make my guitar sound like a gritty synth.
Anyways, I want to figure out what two mid-frequencies the amp switches between. Is there any way to figure it out based on the components?
I'm not exactly an expert on electronic circuits yet, so excuse me if it's extremely obvious
You can determine the frequencies by examining the tone stack but I really doubt it would be worth your time. Use a parametric EQ to sweep through frequencies like geo-rage said and see which ones give you a similar sound.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 19, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
You might be able to do this with a frequency analyzer program on your phone.

Bingo -- there are free analyzer apps.