Been playing almost 10 years and have been pretty happy with what I have. My XT Live crapped out and I didn't really want to spend a lot to replace it so I picked up a pod hd bean used. Nice unit for my needs. Then i'm thinking I been wanting a telecaster for a while so I go looking and come across a Gibson Les Paul t in faded brown. Plays nice, looks great, but I can't afford both unless I sell something and i'm not real keen on that idea. Play mostly Gilmore, satriani style stuff in my den. No more out of the house playing. Just really on the fence as to what to go with.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
Skreddy Lunar Module
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod XT live
The faded Gibson models are priced cheap because they don't have that expensive Gibson finish. This is reflected in resale.
What's your price range?
Personally, to play Gilmore or Satch, I'd go with an Ibanez MIJ. They make fantastic LP cops. Style and performance. Just my opinion.
didn't want to go more then a grand. The Les Paul is a few hundred dollars cheaper. I'll check out the Ibanez also
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
Skreddy Lunar Module
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod XT live
Oh damn a grand gets you a lot on eBay.
You could pick up an ESP Eclipse or M2 easily, change to spare.
IMO, ESP makes the best MIJ guitars.
I am somewhat biased, owning an M-II Deluxe. But many others besides myself also consider them the best MIJ, and easily on par with MIA guitars, if not better...
Under a grand you could get a used Gibson LP Studio with a nice finish and inlays. unless you're really partial to the faded. At the end of the day, it's what YOU like.