So im a fairly new guitar player been playing for about 2 years, i started out with a shitty Marshall 10 watt combo then about 6 months later for whatever reason brought a line 6 spider iv 75, at the time it was perfect every genre, every tone and was very simple. over time it got shitter and shitter. now its just driving me crazy.

My taste is changing constantly im playing everything from Pink Floyd to Cannibal corpse and everything inbetween. im on a budget of around £500 and i need something that mainly has usable cleans crunches and high gain.

this will be for bedroom practice mainly,but it does need to be loud enough to get over a fairly loud drummer

Any advice, ideas or suggestions.

Thanks.
how quietly do you have to play?

you might be struggling to get that range on your budget with tubes, but at the same time if you're sickened with the spider i'm not sure modelling (at your budget, anyway, though i could well be wrong) is the way to go.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

How much is a used Laney IronHeart over there?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Marshall DSL40C.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Dave_Mc I dont have to be too quiet. during the day im going fairly loud for home use. i have cool parents and neighbours
thanks, if you don't have to be too quiet then tube is worth considering

the jet city stuff is pretty sweet for the money, but it's whether it's versatile enough. the high gain ones kind of have a high gain and crunch channel, so while you can get decent cleans by setting the gain low, picking quietly and/or rolling your guitar's volume down a bit, if you need those pristine, sparkly fendery cleans you might be out of luck. they have lower gain models too but then they like won't do the heavier stuff as well. supposedly they might have some newer models coming out which might cover both, but when they'll be out, I dunno (some might be out already).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

isaiahnewtonn
Go try one out. Maybe the 30W combo. These are 3 channel amps with clean, crunch/rhythm, and lead/metal.

There's a master volume so it should work when you need it to be quiet as well.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims