I have no fucking clue why.

I can't stand noise anymore. People. People talking.I'm at my grandparents, and everybody's talking, doing the fucking dishes, whatever, I'm just pretending to listen, waiting for it to stop. After a while, I had to come out. It was driving me mad. I'm currently in my car smoking a cigarette. The hatred...

With my Dad it's even worse. Whenever he's talking, I just can't wait for it to be over. And he tends toerepeat himself a lot. It drives me desperate. The momentshe walks in, I start feeling anxious.

And it's starting to become like this with my friends.

It is a lot of hard work to focus on what people are saying. It feels almost as if they are trying to rip me from my thoughts, and il annoys and tires me. It just becomes noise I resent. You know how when people are talking during a film? Yeah, it's similar, only there is no film..

This is very new, and I really don't like it. But it's an emotion I can't seem to ighore or avoid.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
There is a very simple (part) solution to this problem and you don't seem to be grasping what it is. Ironically, you're doing it right now.

edit: oh right. Nice blog lololol so epic
I'd give you advice but I don't want to further upset you.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 20, 2016,
You're not on any medication are you? I took wellbutrin for 2-3 days and felt just like that.

My sister, a person I love very much and enjoy talking to, kept going on and on in conversation one of those days and it took everything in me to not tell her to shut the fuck up. I was so angry at everyone and couldn't stand to hear voices. It was weird and I had to stop taking the medication.

But sometimes I do kind of get like that anyway, but not as severe.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Do you smoke weed? If you do, stop. If you drink a lot, cut down. Other than that all I can say is wait it out. It won't last for ever. I know exactly how you feel.

Ehm, I used to smoke weed a lot in my teens, but stopped. I'd have the odd spliff before going to sleep every now and then, and that stopped about a year ago.

I used to be a regular get drunk for fun every Saturday, but haven't been doing that for the past few months.

I have never felt the onset of addiction, but I have wondered if this is some weird withdrawal symptom of an addiction which was creeping in, and I never realized it..(I tend to think this, because I have alcohol addiction on both sided of my family, so I try to very aware). Though I have no craving whatsoever..

Thanks though, I sincerely hope you're right.

Quote by Ignite
You're not on any medication are you? I took wellbutrin for 2-3 days and felt just like that.

My sister, a person I love very much and enjoy talking to, kept going on and on in conversation one of those days and it took everything in me to not tell her to shut the fuck up. I was so angry at everyone and couldn't stand to hear voices. It was weird and I had to stop taking the medication.

But sometimes I do kind of get like that anyway, but not as severe.

Nope..

I'm wondering if this is some form of depression..

Quote by k.lainad
2edgy4me

I'm obviously very glad I had this effect on you, as that was my intention. I definitely didn't mean to say that I juat had to escape, and not habing anywhere else to go, came in tio my car because it's warm, and lit a cigarette as I am a smoker and felt like a cigarette.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
Ehm, I used to smoke weed a lot in my teens, but stopped. I'd have the odd spliff before going to sleep every now and then, and that stopped about a year ago.

I used to be a regular get drunk for fun every Saturday, but haven't been doing that for the past few months.

I have never felt the onset of addiction, but I have wondered if this is some weird withdrawal symptom of an addiction which was creeping in, and I never realized it..(I tend to think this, because I have alcohol addiction on both sided of my family, so I try to very aware). Though I have no craving whatsoever..

Thanks though, I sincerely hope you're right.

I'd say your addiction theory is plausible. You can be somewhat dependent on a chemical without being a full on addict, and you can definitely get withdrawals from stopping such use, just as with any change in your life. It's great you're so aware/willing to believe you might have a bit of a problem. That could save your life if you have inherited whatever genes might play a part in addiction. A good possible solution would be to find something, ideally wholesome, to replace the drink - a new hobby, exercise, meditation or mindfulness. I recently got back into reading after never being able to get past the first few pages of any book in the 8 years I was using drugs/alcohol (the weed really fucked with my dyslexia). Also even if you're not religious (I'm not), try praying. It really does help.

EDIT: Just want to add, as much as it could be alcohol, it is also not an abnormal thing to happen IMO. A friend of mine spent about 6 months looking like he didn't want to be there at pretty much every social gathering. Nowadays he is very sociable.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Nov 20, 2016,
How do you feel about nature?
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
At first it sounded like hearing damage from loud guitar playing. As in being sensitive to noise. Towards the end it sounds like you dont want to hear anything but the thoughts in your head. For that, Buddhist no-thought techniques.
Last edited by geo-rage at Nov 21, 2016,
Relax yourself and join in on the conversation, i dont know. There's nothing really you can do except maybe talk to a therapist of some sort and tell them your problem. Shit, I'm just stating the obvious, do what you feel is necessary.
Last edited by TROUnation at Nov 21, 2016,
Are you stressed about anything else in life? I know I can get like that under extreme stress. Especially when my parents are talking because they really don't understand intonation cues.
As far as the addiction theory goes, you immediately went and had a smoke. Could you be addicted to nicotine/cigarettes and not realise?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Is it literally all of your friends/family, or just a few?

I'd say I dislike most of the general population as a whole, but it doesn't bother me too much. Obviously most of my friends and family are an exception though.
Maybe your standards are too high.

You obviously still want human connection or else lack of it wouldn't bother you enough to make a thread about it.
Meh sounds like the little voices in your head have already driven you mad to the point that it is spilling out into reality, better get some therapy before you end up killing some of your family or friends
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Well if you can't stand them anymore, why don't you just tell them to sit down?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it'll get better on your 19th birthday
It was my privilege
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'd say your addiction theory is plausible. You can be somewhat dependent on a chemical without being a full on addict, and you can definitely get withdrawals from stopping such use, just as with any change in your life. It's great you're so aware/willing to believe you might have a bit of a problem. That could save your life if you have inherited whatever genes might play a part in addiction. A good possible solution would be to find something, ideally wholesome, to replace the drink - a new hobby, exercise, meditation or mindfulness. I recently got back into reading after never being able to get past the first few pages of any book in the 8 years I was using drugs/alcohol (the weed really fucked with my dyslexia). Also even if you're not religious (I'm not), try praying. It really does help.

EDIT: Just want to add, as much as it could be alcohol, it is also not an abnormal thing to happen IMO. A friend of mine spent about 6 months looking like he didn't want to be there at pretty much every social gathering. Nowadays he is very sociable.

Thanks! I really hope it's got nothing to do with that. I stopped mostly because I got fed up, but if it is the problem I'll have to be extra aware from now on.

Quote by Dreadnought
How do you feel about nature?
Like it, unless I'm working in it. I've grown less and less fond of forests since working in them. Love rivers, and lakes.
Why?
Quote by TheChaz
Are you stressed about anything else in life? I know I can get like that under extreme stress. Especially when my parents are talking because they really don't understand intonation cues.
Work, money, and this course I've started that I can't seem to stop. Also, this relationship that just started, but that's getting better.

Quote by matt bickerton
Is it literally all of your friends/family, or just a few?

I'd say I dislike most of the general population as a whole, but it doesn't bother me too much. Obviously most of my friends and family are an exception though.
Slowly, it's becoming all of them. I fucking hate this. My Grandma...I love the woman. You have no idea, she raised me, she literally took on the role of a mother when my mother fucked up. Still, recently I just don't want to listen to her talking. I've got to suppress the urge to ask her to stop. My Dad has been a huge friend my entire life..same thing.

Most of my friends...specifically, for some reason, one of my frinds who's just really laid back and calm, and talks really slowly. I find it even harder..yet he's been one of my best friens for ages.

And there's a growing hatred for people in front of me in lines, people who walk across me while I'm in a supermarket, for example, or slow old people on tight pavements in front of me. Slow drivers, strangers that stop and talk..I used to love that. I also really hate people that keep on talking when I obviously want to go. I'ts as if I'm in a hurry, but I'm not.

I have no clue where this is coming from..I also really don't want it to alienate myself from my friends and family. But I'm mostly happy by myself, driving by myself, etc, or for some reason when I'm with my girlfriend. She's an exception.

Also, I feel like swearing, loudly, when I receive a phone call.

Quote by EyeNon15
Maybe your standards are too high.

You obviously still want human connection or else lack of it wouldn't bother you enough to make a thread about it.

Don't think it's anything to do with standards.
Yes, I still want human connection..or, better, I want to start wanting human connection again.

Quote by geo-rage
At first it sounded like hearing damage from loud guitar playing. As in being sensitive to noise. Towards the end it sounds like you dont want to hear anything but the thoughts in your head. For that, Buddhist no-thought techniques.
I was thinking about that...

Quote by Gatecrasher53
As far as the addiction theory goes, you immediately went and had a smoke. Could you be addicted to nicotine/cigarettes and not realise?
I'm scarily addicted to cigarettes.

Quote by StewieSwan
it'll get better on your 19th birthday

25. Though life wasn't easy when I was 19 (extremely self destructive alcoholic Mum, for the most part), I never had these issues. On the contrary, from a social point of view, I was much happier.

You dislike me a tad, don't you?
Last edited by Krieger91 at Nov 22, 2016,
Quote by Ignite
weird. i stopped taking wellbutrin for 2-3 days and felt just like that

all in all this is an awful feeling that i know too well and i'm sorry you're having it. regardless of if it is clinical depression or an addiction thing or anything else, talk to a professional
Quote by Krieger91
I can barely stand people anymore

maybe you should seat them

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
A person becomes a person through other people.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Stop polluting your body with cigarettes, it's literally the current year.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
Stop polluting your body with cigarettes, it's literally the current year.

Didn't you quit smoking like ten minutes ago?
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
maybe you should seat them

Is your gimmick stealing my jokes now
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by chrismendiola
Didn't you quit smoking like ten minutes ago?

Coming up on 2 years my guy.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Is your gimmick stealing my jokes now

yr food is next

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story