Hey guys, I am looking for a new guitar in 600$ range or less, I am into prog thrash metal and blues. And I play a squire tele through a marshal jcm2000 Dsl 40 tube amp, an I also use only one pedal which is the xotic wah pedal . Thank you for your responses. Also, I will be using this guitar for prog primarily.
Last edited by crasher42 at Nov 20, 2016,
T00DEEPBLUE I am looking for a guitar that is very versatile, the ability to play anything from SRV style blues to megadeth and dream theater. I am looking at shecters, fender strats, fender teles, and sg's. I am also a lefty. And if the guitar is a cheaper guitar I plan to change the pickups, if it were a humbucker I would put a dimbucker in the bridge and a dimarzio pickup from hell in neck. And I was wondering if a strat would work if I fattened the tone up with pedals? I live in Michigan if that helps. But I am not picky on what type of guitar or wood except I would like a rosewood fretboard. I am open to suggestions. Also some of my influences are SRV, megadeth, Neal morse, dream theater, yes, jack white, and led Zeppelin.
Last edited by crasher42 at Nov 20, 2016,
There are a ton of guitars I could recommend that I now can't because you're left-handed.

I suppose maybe a MIJ Jackson DK2L used and upgrading the Floyd to an OFR but you haven't specified if you like Floyds so I have no idea if that's what you want. This is why you need to be specific about specs.

If you're thinking about putting new pickups in it, then put in anything but a Dimebucker in the bridge. That thing sounds like ass.

Have you tried out any guitars in stores? If not, that's the very next thing you need to do. If you have, which guitars did you like the most and why?

I suppose if you're left-handed and are not thinking about changing to play right-handed any time soon, your options are very limited so you cannot afford to be too picky.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
T00DEEPBLUE I have played strats, and teles, but not much else. I have looked the Jackson dk2l and I am interested in it, and I also would want a Floyd with this guitar sorry for not specifying on that. What pick up combo would you recommend?
Would an epiphone sg 310 pro be any good? I would Change the pickups and put a Floyd in it.
Quote by crasher42
T00DEEPBLUE I have played strats, and teles, but not much else. I have looked the Jackson dk2l and I am interested in it, and I also would want a Floyd with this guitar sorry for not specifying on that. What pick up combo would you recommend?

The pickups that come in those guitars are already great. The only upgrade they need is a new Floyd.

The Duncan JB in the bridge is a hell of a lot better than the Dimebucker to say the very least.
Quote by crasher42
Would an epiphone sg 310 pro be any good? I would Change the pickups and put a Floyd in it.

The 310 is literally an Epi Special II with an extra volume and tone knob. Not worth your time.

Putting a Floyd in a guitar like that would be physically impossible too because the body is too thin and the neck is angled backwards, which is a non-starter on a Floyd. And even if it wasn't, that's a terribly expensive and invasive amount of work to put into a chintzy cheapo guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Try an Ibanez or Jackson Superstat with HSH pickups where you can split the neck pickup (or just add that feature with a new pot).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.