Hi!

So it turns out that it's more suitable for me to play my guitar through my PC than through stand alone amps. However I would like to be able to have more control over the effects in the software and would like to hear what you guys suggest regarding midicontroller options or other solutions.

My specs:

PC
CPU: i3 6100
Motherboard: Asus Z170I pro gaming
Onboard SupremeFX sound
Sound: Z906 speaker system
Software: Guitar Rig 5

Guitar
Ibanez xpt700-bk (xiphos)

Connection
Guitar to line in cable

Currently I have a vox stomplab IIG, is it possible to connect a "normal" pedal (pedal and switch) to the PC and use it as midicontroller?
If not are there any Bluetooth solutions that could be good? I prefer if there would be both switch and a pedal together.

I saw a guy on Youtube using a wiimote as a controller for wah wah. I guess he exploits the motion sensors for that but do you know any other similar solutions for that? Meaning something that could perhaps be placed on the guitar to aid in controlling the sound?
You are pluging straight into your integrated sound card? Im suprised it even works properly. You should get an audio interface and use that, it will sound much better. And since you are getting an audio interface, you can get one with a midi in and out.

As far as midi pedal controlers go, the Behringer FCB1010 is pretty much the standard for most people. It has a bunch of buttons, and two expressioin pedals that you can just assign as you want. I had one to use with Amplitube and it worked fine. There are more expensive options, like the roland pedals, but they are usually like 3x the price of the behringer.

You can obviously use any sort of controler for MIDI, ive seen jaysticks and all sorts of gaming controlers used for it. But it takes a lot of software magic and tweaking and sometimes straight up programing. And even if you make it work, how are you gonna use a wiimote or a joystick while you also play guitar
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Rocktron Midi Mates can be had off the 'bay for relatively cheap.
They lack expression pedal of said Behringer boards though.
I have never tried a Behringer board, but have heard good stuff.
I do own a Midi mate, and it does what it 'spose to do.
Hi guys and thanks for the inputs!

You are pluging straight into your integrated sound card? Im suprised it even works properly. You should get an audio interface and use that, it will sound much better. And since you are getting an audio interface, you can get one with a midi in and out.

Yes that is kind of the "magic" previously people have warned me about that but the guitar rig 5 have a gate "knob" that when tweaked properly the noise disappears without impairing the sound. Actually I probably played 3hours straight today testing some metal presets and I'm getting more and more satisfied with what I have and I don't remeber playing this long actually. Buying an interface at this point is counter intuitive for me since everything I've bought in the passt has impaired my playing, not saying that it would be now but I'm not sure that the improvment would be significant since the significant improvment is already reached.

I think I found the Behringer FCB1010 just after making the thread however I'm not sure of the size I kind of like smaller versions, and rocktron Midi mates seems large and doesn't have expression pedals of what I can see.

IK have Irig blueboard that seems interresting since one can attach an expression pedal but it doesn't seem compatible with windows and the buttons is according to a reviewer not giving feedback.

So my question is does anyone have a suggestion for a more compact midi controller with emphasis on either attaching a an expression pedal or an integrated one?
Quote by MrXiphos
Hi guys and thanks for the inputs!

Yes that is kind of the "magic" previously people have warned me about that but the guitar rig 5 have a gate "knob" that when tweaked properly the noise disappears without impairing the sound. Actually I probably played 3hours straight today testing some metal presets and I'm getting more and more satisfied with what I have and I don't remeber playing this long actually. Buying an interface at this point is counter intuitive for me since everything I've bought in the passt has impaired my playing, not saying that it would be now but I'm not sure that the improvment would be significant since the significant improvment is already reached.

You sir, are spekaing complete nonsense.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.