I record my own music and I have pretty good gear already. The thing is I'm missing something that I would Like to add to my music. (also I'm a broke college student so I don't want to dish out a lot) What I'm missing is 24 frets..I only have 22 fret guitars. along with a whammy bar. I'm a bit flustered though. I got three offers. One is a Schecter Diamond Series Omen 6 for about 90 bucks which honestly seems very good. 24 frets the problem is..no whammy bar. (I only want the trem for flutters that's the main reason why I'd like whammy bar) The Second option is an Ibanez Rg120 for 100 which has both 24 fret and whammy but would I go out of tune a lot with flutters? Last but not least is an Ibanez Gio grga32t 24 fret with floyd rose bridge for 100.
Just to display it better

Schecter Diamond Series Omen 6 $90

Ibanez Rg120 $100

Ibanez Gio grga32t Floyd Rose $100

Just looking at this list the schecter looks like the best choice but no trem bar kinda bugs me. Still If $90 is that much of a steal I think I'd dish it out anyways.
The Gio seems cool because it has floyd rose..but it's a gio. Never played gios but I've heard they're pretty meh.
Anyways any feedback that you guys give me is very much appreciated.
I would keep away from Floyds and vibratos of any kind if you're only spending that amount of money. The Floyds and vibratos you find on guitars this cheap are all horrible and do not stay in tune. You get what you pay for.

A good quality Floyd Rose that'll actually stay in tune properly is going to cost you more than what these guitars are worth.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
$90 is a very cheap price for a Schecter Omen, assuming it's in decent condition. At that price, I'd actually be very suspicious that there's something seriously wrong with it. Either way, without the trem, it's not really what you're looking for, so the point is moot. But yeah, as TooDeepBlue said, cheap Floyds aren't even worth the cheap price they sell for. If you want a Floyd, you want something with a Floyd 1000 series, at least. Guitars with a Floyd 1000 stock from the factory are usually $600+ new. Some brands have stuff in the $500-ish range with a Floyd Special, which isn't terrible, if you're really on a budget. The Floyd Special is the exact same design as the higher end ones, just made with cheap metals. So, they usually work well enough, but probably won't last more than a few years if you're really going crazy with it. If all you're doing is light flutters, a Special would probably be fine, though. Schecter makes a trem version of the Omen, the Omen Extreme-FR, which has a Floyd Special, and goes new for $450. Could probably find a used one for $200-$300-ish. But yeah, any cheaper than that, and you're getting a Floyd that won't even do Floyd things without going out of tune and eventually breaking, and it will be far more hassle and frustration that it could ever be worth.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, and Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
GK 400RB w/Ampeg 4x10 Cab
https://soundcloud.com/dudeandguitar
the_bi99man Thanks a lot! this is really helpful. I'm not exactly on the tightest budget but I do have a good amount of gear just nothing like a 24 fret w/ floyd in my collection. Based on what you guys have said I think I'll probably end up selling some of the axes I don't touch as much and just invest in something different. The schecter actually works very well it's a friend's and he doesn't have time to play so he's been sitting with it.
I typically go with schecter, but I'd go with the rg on this one.....i had an omen way back, when i was also low on cash, and while they're not bad they don't play the greatest..... the rg should be a bit better in the lower price range.
*update* Friend just offered me a perfectly good working Schecter Damien Fr for 100. I think that would be good enough to take. Has Floyd Rose Special, grover tuners, emg hz. Thoughts?
The Damiens are the next step up from the Omens. I have a non-FR one, and physically, it's solid. The problems are the Floyd Rose Specials aren't always considered that great, but as I understand it you can do a drop in replacement with an Original Floyd Rose. The EMG HZs aren't the best, but are something you can change pretty easily down the road.

If you're dying for a good Floyd trem, either wait for a OFR-equipped Hellraiser/Blackjack or FR1000 or grab the Damien and look for an OFR to swap out now. I think those run around $200 new, but that price may vary.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
I hope I don't piss anyone off but...please keep in mind these are my opinions, as having owned MANY ibanez.
Ibanez GIO's are nothing more than firewood with strings. Everything down to the pots and wiring are all the cheapest possible. And the wood is like pine or something. Making them not worth upgrading.
The RG 120 is not much better. Ibanez pups are notorious for sounding like sh*t. The only decent Ibby pups I've liked are the V7/V8's.
If you really want an Ibanez, I'd try and find a used one with an original Edge, lo pro edge, ZR bridge.
Steer clear of guitars with lo-trs II, Edge III. Google and you'll see I'm not alone by far in these opinions.
ibanez does make decent MIK and MII guitars, although it's often hit-and-miss. And older MIJ (and current) seem to be very consistent with quality.
You're going to shell out some cash for anything with "J-Craft" on the back of the head, but sometimes you can find great MIJ RG's used. GC had an RG520QSTB in great shape awhile back. Mid 90's golden era. With original edge and V pups, for $190.

On Schecter I can't offer much, but I think that Omen is leaps and bounds above any GIO or RG120.
I had a Hellraiser V for awhile, and it was pretty solid and the quality was there. It did have a chunky neck, but I'm partial to Wizards.. not very fair comparison.
Quote by districtz1
the_bi99man I'm not exactly on the tightest budget but I do have a good amount of gear just nothing like a 24 fret w/ floyd in my collection.

If you're not on a budget, get a Jackson (MIA/J) or ESP (MIJ). Guaranteed you will not be disappointed.
Granted I am somewhat biased, owning both of said guitars.
I miss my custom shop RR-1...fckn ex wife sold it.
Last edited by Diatribes at Nov 21, 2016,
I look at the Damien and see what you think of the tremolo, I own a Jackson pro dk2s and the license Floyd never really bothered me..... no question with schecter they are solid and take abuse......... is also check into Jackson as Diatribes said.... they are excellent guitars.... my buddy had a cheap one and it wasn't bad....esp.... can't say much about.... never played one amazingly
kramer242
I've had an ESP KH-2, and currently an ESP M-II Deluxe.
The KH-2 was awesome. From inlays and fretwork, to the cavities for electronics and the electronics themselves. I sold it, as it was minty and I made several hundred dollars.
The M-II I currently owned is kinda beat up, but is an awesome ride. Plays beautifully, and is perfectly balanced. Very comfortable and ergonomic.
I've also owned several MIJ ibbys, including a couple J-Crafts, and I think the ESPs outperform them in comfort and quality.
I used to be a MIA snob. But after owning several non-USA guitars, I got off that bandwagon.
EMGHZs

Floyd Specials
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

whoopsy. Note to self. Don't post until I've been up at least 30 minutes.
I'm on the same page with Evilnine regarding specials and emghz
Last edited by Diatribes at Nov 22, 2016,
Quote by districtz1
*update* Friend just offered me a perfectly good working Schecter Damien Fr for 100. I think that would be good enough to take. Has Floyd Rose Special, grover tuners, emg hz. Thoughts?

As others have said, the Floyd Special is not great, and nor are the EMG HZs, but a Damien FR for $100? That's a steal. You could put new (and very good) pickups in there and still be well under the new price. As for the Floyd Special, I don't think that should be too big of a deal. It's not as nice as the higher end ones, but it's still better than the super cheap licensed Floyds that you'll find on entry level guitars, and it should last you a good while, especially if you're just doing little flutters with it, and not really abusing it like you're Kerry King or some shit. Also, if you decide that really like the feel of the guitar, and don't think you'd ever get rid of, and you're willing to spend money upgrading it, the Floyd Special is the exact physical specs of the 1000 and the OFR, so a direct swap would be easy.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, and Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
GK 400RB w/Ampeg 4x10 Cab
https://soundcloud.com/dudeandguitar