Page 1 of 2
just lol

what do u think

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
well obviously showing up to an interview with visible full sleeves or neck/facial tats is not gonna play out well for you.

i actually read some thing a while back where this guy had someone do a long term semi permanent tat on his face, then got a job waiting tables just to see what it was like trying to live with ink on your face.

it was pretty interesting. i'll post a link if i feel like looking for it later.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
is having tattoos really even viewed as something thats unprofessional anymore i honestly dont know.

its one of those things that i see a lot of internet complaining about, but i never actually see happening. i work with a tonne of people that have them and ive never seen anyone express any sort of derision towards them at all. granted, there are some tattoos that make people look like gigantic dipshits and if i was an employer id take one look and be like "nah dude" but thats more to do with the choice of tattoo and not the fact that they have one

i dont want any tattoos or piercings for that matter so this will never impact my life.
i mean if you got a naked woman on your lower arm and can't cover it up or got face tattoos then yeah i won't hire u but it's no different from not hiring someone with a shit personality or someone who wears a keep calm and carry on t shirt to the interview

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Well, if you show up for an interview with KILL JEWS on your knuckles, then you deserve to be unemployed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
pokemon tattoos are the worst

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by soundgarden1986
is having tattoos really even viewed as something thats unprofessional anymore i honestly dont know.

its one of those things that i see a lot of internet complaining about, but i never actually see happening. i work with a tonne of people that have them and ive never seen anyone express any sort of derision towards them at all. granted, there are some tattoos that make people look like gigantic dipshits and if i was an employer id take one look and be like "nah dude" but thats more to do with the choice of tattoo and not the fact that they have one

i dont want any tattoos or piercings for that matter so this will never impact my life.
you work in a warehouse tho so they tend not to care so much about appearances when hiring. at least in my experience.

i only have two tats, both easily concealed, but i've also been to two different interviews where they peeked out from under my sleeves and the interviewer didn't care. (both warehouse jobs)

the one was an Amazon HR guy, but they hire anyone and everyone so unless it was some overtly racist tat, it wasn't going to make a difference. he did joke and ask if i was in a gang and enjoyed stabbing people.

the other was an entirely meaningless interview to go back to a job i'd quit. just a formality to say i'd been (re) interviewed. HR guy had tats of his own so he just commented on it.

only time they might have worked against me was this one bullshit interview where the guy was actively looking for any reason not to hire me, so my tattoos were pretty inconsequential. dickhead asked me why i didn't have a drivers license and how my relationship with my mother was and other irrelevant and illegal questions.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I've seen senior execs and other higher ups with tattoos (arms, wrists, ankles), shit is normalised now, but they can easily cover that stuff up with suits when they feel like it.

it's only a concern now if you go and get face/neck/hand tattoos (chest as well but no one really goes for such revealing cleavage in professional world usually)

similar thing with piercings, no one gives a crap about small nostril ones, small ear gauges and other small stuff all over your ear but more than that is not ideal.

although I would say people who get tacky generic stuff like big tribal arm pieces and have them out all the time do get a bad initial impression. I guess if you want to walk around with tattoos on display make sure they aren't tacky or offensive.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
In my hometowns McDonald's there's a girl who has a sleeve and I complemented her on it.

In general I am big fan of tattoos so I find myself miring at people's tats whenever I see them anywhere.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Tattoos are a perfect example of how overprivileged white male scum are using cultural misappropriation to corrupt once beautiful quasiphilosophical concepts and symbols from infinitely wise native tribesman from thousands of years ago for the sole gratification of their peers calling these once pure and innocent relics "killer ink, bro"

Makes me want to hurl my edible paper plate of free range tofu at those shitlords.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
T00DEEPBLUE

Lol
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Are you saying it isn't still a thing? 'Cause it is. I know where I work, if you've got visible tattoos, you're supposed to cover it.
Quote by soundgarden1986
but i dont work in a warehouse i work at shoprite and the people with tattoos are people on the sales floor (some of them managers) too
you do work in the back room tho right? so i'm not completely off-base?

my experience with shoprite is similar to my other jobs. they generally don't give a shit about anything when it comes to new hires. they're all just bodies filling positions. tattoos or no.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you do work in the back room tho right? so i'm not completely off-base?

my experience with shoprite is similar to my other jobs. they generally don't give a shit about anything when it comes to new hires. they're all just bodies filling positions. tattoos or no.

i mean i do but im also on the floor most of the time lol

the only real dedicated back room staff we have is the receiver himself. everyone else goes back an forth doing whatever they need to do
Quote by soundgarden1986
i mean i do but im also on the floor most of the time lol

the only real dedicated back room staff we have is the receiver himself. everyone else goes back an forth doing whatever they need to do
alright, so pretty much what i did at my last job.

i was under the impression you were at a legit warehouse because you've talked about forklifts in the past iirc. i had pictured the bigger ride on ones.
nah i just take the frozen deliveries off the truck and put them in our freezer whenever my boss cant

it just comes with the perk of having to watch out for dumbasses that dont pay attention so i dont accidentally kill anyone

its not like a driving forklift its one of those electric hand ones
If you have any that are visible with a t-shirt, then I'm not really sure what else you expect.

Not to say I necessarily agree with it, but I'm also not too stupid to release that doing so would disadvantage me - hence why I don't have any, nor would I get any around my face, neck, hands or forearms.
Quote by soundgarden1986
nah i just take the frozen deliveries off the truck and put them in our freezer whenever my boss cant

it just comes with the perk of having to watch out for dumbasses that dont pay attention so i dont accidentally kill anyone

its not like a driving forklift its one of those electric hand ones
i never even liked using those partly due to idiots nearly getting run over.

mostly because my idiot boss would ask me to use them and give me a retarded amount of time to do it.

like my last day when she expected me to bring out about 10 pallets of shoes to the sales floor in my last hour or two and all the pallets were on the top shelves, unwrapped, with 5 pallets blocking the aisle they were in and nowhere to put them, and no one willing to give me keys.

i clocked out early and left.
I have visible tattoos and a nosering and hold a professional job and I've never felt discriminated against because of it
It was my privilege
I don't think tattoos are an issue for most working blue collar jobs, white collar jobs may be another story sad but true their are still alot of people who think having visible tattoos is unprofessional.

FWIW whether or not it is legal to discriminate against against someone for having uncoverable tattoos won't stop a hiring manager or HR rep. from judging that person and simply not hiring without saying that the tattoos were the reason.

They can always say "we found a candidate who is more qualified" I used to get this speech from my dad when I was in my 20's because I was a man with long hair.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Have tattoos. Never had an issue. And yes I have a "Proper" job. In fact, they're a good conversation starter.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I think it really depends on what kind of place you're trying to work at, and what kind of tats you have. Face and head tattoos raise questions
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Yeah it's ridiculous. I get that people with tattoos might face hardships in the professional realm, and that's dumb unless you have something that really sticks out as inappropriate like a full face tattoo or whatever, but it's your decision to get body decorations.

Maybe I'd see people with tattoos as a de facto social group in places like East Asia or the Middle East where the very notion of one will alienate you and perhaps land you in criminal trouble, but lol wtf even those people will admit that they're making choices in support of something they care about, and aren't comparable to racial or sexual minorities. That's deluded.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah it's ridiculous. I get that people with tattoos might face hardships in the professional realm, and that's dumb unless you have something that really sticks out as inappropriate like a full face tattoo or whatever, but it's your decision to get body decorations.

I agree and that was the argument I used against my dad when he kept telling me that my long hair was keeping me from getting a job. Back in the late 80s I had a hiring manager (who had already hired me) tell me during orientation that I would have to cut my hair before I started work so I asked if the same was required of their female employees to which he answered no. I asked him what were the requirements for female employees with long hair and he said that they were required to wear their hair in a pony tail or otherwise pulled back so I told him I was willing to meet those requirements and he said male employees could not have hair longer than below the collar of thier shirt.

I told him that it sounded like discrimination to me to which he had no good answer in fact he said nothing in reply, after a long awkward silence I told him I would seek employment at a more open minded company.

Of course my dad was right about people silently judging me even if it is not their place to do so.

First impressions!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Religions are also decisions, but I'd suspect you think certain religious minorities face discrimination
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
Religions are also decisions, but I'd suspect you think certain religious minorities face discrimination

So getting that full sleeve tat enables you the same non-discrimination rights granted to religions?

Getting fired for your choice of music is dumb too, but it doesn't mean metalheads are oppressed. Let's not make stupid statements in the name of devil's advocacy.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So getting that full sleeve tat enables you the same non-discrimination rights granted to religions?

what if tattoos are part of your religion
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
What religions are tattoos part of?

Apart from Gymdouchebroism, I mean.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What religions are tattoos part of?

Apart from Gymdouchebroism, I mean.

The Maori religion. But it doesn't really matter anyway.
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan

Then it's protected under the religion class. Hence why some churches can legally acquire and consume entheogens, but getting fired for testing positive for marijuana does not make stoners an oppressed class.

Quote by matt bickerton
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Then it's protected under the religion class. Hence why some churches can legally acquire and consume entheogens, but getting fired for testing positive for marijuana does not make stoners an oppressed class.

your double-standard is pretty sad, m8
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
your double-standard is pretty sad, m8

No, your rigidly jejune approach to identity politics is the mournful property here. This isn't a double-standard, but you'd understand that if you didn't have your head up your ass.

Quote by matt bickerton
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
No, your rigidly jejune approach to identity politics is the mournful property here. This isn't a double-standard, but you'd understand that if you didn't have your head up your ass.

Hardly. You're defending the same actions committed by different people differently because one of them just likes it and the other one believes their fictitious sky fairy told them to.

In a truly equitable society, either both are ok or neither are.
It was my privilege
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 21, 2016,
Were you always this enlightened?

Quote by StewieSwan

In a truly equitable society, either both are ok or neither are.

Prove more of my criticisms against you, please.

Quote by matt bickerton
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Were you always this enlightened?

Prove more of my criticisms against you, please.

woah shit, I didn't count on snappy comebacks
It was my privilege
so many people in this forum need to meet up and bang it out already.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
time for an orgy

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Page 1 of 2