Hey, just curious if anyone knows any good instructional books I can use to give myself lessons with, because I work on the road
I don't understand what you are asking for. From a technical point there is really no difference between playing a 6 or 7 string guitar and the tuning is not any different. Therefore there is really no reason to have instructional material for 7 string guitars.
*your ad here*
Playing 7-string parts is a start along with understanding how a chord is formed. With standard tuning you have 2 Bs and 2 Es, high and low.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Not so much instructional as informational.... just something for reference to carry along with.... and there are a few difference but I understand most of the basics are the same.... just trying to get back up to speed
Quote by kramer242
Not so much instructional as informational.... just something for reference to carry along with.... and there are a few difference but I understand most of the basics are the same.... just trying to get back up to speed

It's all the same, you just have more notes. The same reference material will work just fine. As for what you want... you're going to have to be a little more specific there; technique, scale lists, I mean... there's so much out there it's difficult to recommend anything without some kind of direction to go in...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Zaphod_Beeblebr chord variations, scales and such.... basically haven't played much for awhile and am looking to get back up to speed, but there oohs quite a few things I've forgotten.
Quote by kramer242
Zaphod_Beeblebr chord variations, scales and such.... basically haven't played much for awhile and am looking to get back up to speed, but there oohs quite a few things I've forgotten.

...Um... the same chords and scales that you already know. You just have one more string at the bottom, tuned with the same interval relative to the E, as the E is to A. I mean, really, it's not a different instrument.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, and Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
GK 400RB w/Ampeg 4x10 Cab
https://soundcloud.com/dudeandguitar