View poll results: bang and then
jump
6 30%
stay
5 25%
selfie
9 45%
Voters: 20.
If you were in the world trade center towers on 9/11 would you have jumped to your death or waited to burn up or get crushed by concrete
It was my privilege
If I didn't actually feel fire burning me probably ride it out. Once some fire touched me I'd be out the window.
I would exercise RADICAL FREEDOM and fly to my freedom with my bird wings
I would have used my immense psionic power to extinguish the fire and then defeat terrorism.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I would've fought with every last breath to try and get to safety
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Try my best to escape or hide, and most likely end up smoking myself to death. Or find a water source like a restroom and soak myself to avoid burning. I refuse to get burned to death, and I'd never suicide jump from a building that size , that's too terrifying.
I've always thought that I'd die from falling
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
well I probably would have realised that the steel construction would support the area above the impact, so provided there was no direct risk of being burned alive I'd probably head for the roof and wait for the choppers.

if the choice was jump or burn no question, I'd be out the window.
Quote by Diamond Dave
well I probably would have realised that the steel construction would support the area above the impact,
you seem to be misinformed about the combustive qualities of jet fuel
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Definitely.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
I think if I knew I was going to die, no way around it, I'd probably try to find a way to do it immediately. Not by jumping or waiting for a building to collapse on me, which if I were really unlucky, wouldn't be instant.

I think I probably would have, in that situation, tried as long as I could have to find an escape.

Ofc, sitting here on my computer, my answers are logical. When something like that happens, it's going to be much more instinctual. I don't think anyone could reliably guess what they'd do.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i would've jumped even if i didn't know anything was wrong
I would've converted to Judaism and gotten a call not to go into work that morning.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i would've jumped even if i didn't know anything was wrong
I liked thIs comment but am worried I should be concerned. :<
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 23, 2016,
I can't possibly say for sure what my mind would make me do in such an extreme and dire situation. A priori, falling to my death seems preferable to burning to death, and it seems that suffocating by the smoke could make me attempt to do such a thing.

I've always thought that if I ever am in a situation where I know I'm dying 100% but can decide how, I'd try getting a sharp object and slit my own throat to avoid any horrible suffering. I think I'd do that in this case, to avoid burning to death, suffocation, or the feeling of dread while you are falling, etc
I guess maybe I'd jump if I saw something I could aim for, like a telephone wire or something. Hopefully do it before the debris came falling.

Also, relevant

Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by gonzaw
I can't possibly say for sure what my mind would make me do in such an extreme and dire situation. A priori, falling to my death seems preferable to burning to death, and it seems that suffocating by the smoke could make me attempt to do such a thing.

I've always thought that if I ever am in a situation where I know I'm dying 100% but can decide how, I'd try getting a sharp object and slit my own throat to avoid any horrible suffering. I think I'd do that in this case, to avoid burning to death, suffocation, or the feeling of dread while you are falling, etc
FYI, slitting your own throat properly is more difficult that you think, largely because:
sharp objects aren't as sharp as you think
skin doesn't cut as easily as you think
the major vessels you need to cut are deeper than you think.

In fact, depending how high up you are, even if you do get the carotid artery, you might be conscious longer than you'd be falling.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i probably would have already called out 4 times in the past week or quit.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I would have sat there in comfort with the full knowledge that jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
As someone who's scared of heights, I think I'd have done everything in my power to try and escape the fire before jumping (even if it meant death), but I don't think any of us can truly know what we'd have done in such a situation.
i would rope my dick around a debris and use it as a bungee cord and on my way down i would take a sick selfie
¯\_()_/¯
Probably.

9/11 should be examined more in terms of presence in those buildings. Too much of it is symbolic now. This seems obvious but no one cares about those two buildings, it's the people inside, but most of our representation of it is that twin tower iconography.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
selfie.

but since the media messaging and data was crap back then, I'd make a parachute for my phone out of my shirt and chuck the phone out a window.

(I would prob stay really and just slow clap while saying "well played fate, well played". I can accept when I've been gg'd)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I would have brought a parachute to work everyday so I'd jump and epically parachute to safety.
I have nothing important to say
Selfies weren't a thing in 2001.
Nobody had camera phones.

I think I had a Nokia in 01
So instead of taking a selfie, you play snake while waiting for your inevitable death
I have nothing important to say