things that were hugely popular/viral that you didn't know about until much later

I've never watched the harambe video
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
On the front page of youtube there used to be these videos about toys and little girls beating each other up that had like a trillion views each and it made me realise how we really do stay in our own bubble on the internet and there may be something incredibly popular that you would never encounter simply because you would never look it up and I was so struck by that realisation that I wrote a run-on sentence about it.
The Charlie bit me thing with the 2 little boys, same with David after dentist.
Everyone was raving about both for weeks, so I said fuckit and finally watched the videos. They were both pretty cute and funny tbh
Quote by Rebel Scum
Every internet acronym ever.
Yeah, many times urban dictionary saved my life

I'm sure there are many other things.

Last one I remember isn't that internet related, but I found this song last week and it has >1.000.000 views.

I felt like I lived in a cave or something.
I have never watched adventure time if that counts. I think my older brother likes it though.
I dont know if its wildly popular but this is a thing I participated in recently which apparently is old

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
V A P O R W A V E
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
everything everyone's said before I didn't even know about until now or found out way after it was a thing

Idk, I don't pay that close attention
that frog on the bike shit + most other recent meme shit.

I don't really venture much on any meme sites and most of my friends on fb don't really spam that shit (get quickly unfollowed if they do) so I tend to find out about these things much later, when the joke is dead, on the odd imgur browse while goofing off at work or something.

also youtube viral videos. I cba going on youtube any more unless I have something specific to check out so I end up finding about stuff when it's already huge.

I think as I've gotten older I've lost interest in spend hours and hours all over the internet and instead just go out more often to do real world stuff. don't really do much idle browsing all night any more.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I was pretty late to Twitch even though I've been on almost 3 years now. It was already raging by the time I noticed
for me it is fugazi and

a m e r i c
an football

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I thought Joey Ramone and Howard Stern were the same person until I was like 20.
I thought Howard Stern was in a punk band then became a radio host.

Also thought Christopher Walken and David Bowie were the same person for years.