Hey, I have a song that I like and I would really like to know the chords of it.
They sound jazzyish..

The song repeats itself so you only need to listen it for a few sec.

Thanks in advance
|1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . |1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . |
|G9sus4        G#dim7    E7      |Am9           Fmaj9             |
Quote by copperwreck
jongtr, Without having listened to the song, G9sus4 sounds a lot like a G11 with an omitted third, right?
Yes. "G9sus4" and "G11 with omitted 3rd" are the exact same chords. (Although I guess you could say the 9th is optional in a G11.)

In fact, if you see a G11 symbol, always assume the 3rd (B) is omitted. "G11" is used as shorthand for G9sus4.

You could also call it "Dm7/G" - same notes.
Last edited by jongtr at Nov 23, 2016,
jongtr

G-F-A-C-E -> G9sus4(add13) as a suggestion, also plain E/B I believe, but yeah

Tiimmo19
1. Check out off-tonic beginnings and diatonic extended chords. This is actually pretty standard harmonically underneath the extra notes.
2. There's a name that chord thread in this forum; use that next time
Quote by NeoMvsEu
jongtr

G-F-A-C-E -> G9sus4(add13) as a suggestion, also plain E/B I believe, but yeah
You may be right (the 13 is great on that first chord). And I'd call it G13sus4 accordingly. But - as you imply - no big deal either way.
jongtr
Quote by jongtr
You may be right (the 13 is great on that first chord). And I'd call it G13sus4 accordingly. But - as you imply - no big deal either way.

G-F-A-C-E sounds much more like an Fmaj7 with 9th in the bass. Stick in a D on the 5th string as well (use other hand) and then it sounds like G root.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
jongtr

G-F-A-C-E sounds much more like an Fmaj7 with 9th in the bass. Stick in a D on the 5th string as well (use other hand) and then it sounds like G root.
Well, the D makes G sound more like the root.
But to my ears "Fmaj7 with 9th in the bass" already sounds like a G-root chord.
^This. Fmaj7/G is a hybrid voicing for G13sus4.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp