In this day and age of trendy "boutique" pedals, it seems like I'm the only guy not doing the Irish river dance when I jam on my geet.
Are there any other rack guys out there? We seem to be a dying breed.
Flash your rack!

Sorry for crappy iPhone pic ?
I rocked some rack gear for a while, but man that shit was heavy

I don't think I have any pics any more. Definitely isn't as popular as it once was, but then again my entire rig is in a floorboard MFX, so...

I imagine racks are making a comeback with things like the Axe FX, the Kemper rack, etc.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
i got rid of all my rack gear when i started using amplitube at gigs.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I rocked some rack gear for a while, but man that shit was heavy

I don't think I have any pics any more. Definitely isn't as popular as it once was, but then again my entire rig is in a floorboard MFX, so...

I imagine racks are making a comeback with things like the Axe FX, the Kemper rack, etc.

Oh man that setup pictured above is crazy heavy. I'm a hobby player though. I only move it horizontally, and it got wheels.
cool in the 80s but like many things kind of outdated. something like an Axe-FX does way more and takes far less space. a midi controller can eliminate a lot of tap dancing with pedals these day. or of course you can be a real man and just use a very few pedals . my board has 4 and I can't think of any time they'd all be on.
monwobobbo
I agree, somewhat.
My PSA-1 is still in production. Psa-1.2 or something. They basically added another jack and a on/off button.
The power amp I have is somewhat sought after, to push devices such as Fractals. I actually got it from a guy using an Axe
Vintage rocktron effects are also very on par with current effects, with exception to their pitch shift. Which sucks.
I use the MultiValve in front of my pre, for compressor and tube warmth exclusively. Works quite well.
And the BBE is the desireable "blue wave" and considered by some their best chip set
I had a TC G Force, that I A/B versus my Replifex. Sold the g force...
It was right there with it
Oh, I almost forgot about the Pro-Q.....
Easily the best Midi guitar EQ one could ever posses, in my opinion. I've tried to work it out of my setup, but it always ends up creeping back in. Thing is phenomenal.
Last edited by Diatribes at Nov 24, 2016,
I should point out that price point isn't a factor in purchasing my gear. I could easily have any rack devices I wasn't.
And cmon man! I started this thread to show off racks, not debate the quality of mine...
Man I'm not even sure what you're talking about minus the PSA
dementiacaptain
Hold on I'll go find my sock puppets.

Kidding. I'm not trying to talk like Yoda or anything.
Weak in the force I am.
Naw I'm just not AT ALL familiar with rack stuff except for the very popular pieces.
Any questions I'd be more than happy to answer. I mean. It's ok if I derail my own thread, right?
And what are your thoughts of the PSA?

Nothing too special. Kemper Profiler and a cheap 1U 2x 200W poweramp. I don't use the poweramp (or cab) often, but it's nice to know it's there should I need it. I mostly run straight to the PA with a band or to studio monitors at home.
Kemper makes nice stuff man! Those Profilers aren't cheap. I'd like to lay with one for sure.
Quote by Diatribes
Any questions I'd be more than happy to answer. I mean. It's ok if I derail my own thread, right?
And what are your thoughts of the PSA?

As far as preamps go I'd say the PSA is hard to beat. SansAmp makes great shit.
Quote by dementiacaptain
As far as preamps go I'd say the PSA is hard to beat. SansAmp makes great shit.

I agree completely.

I purchased my PSA-1 for dirt cheap like $100, with intent to flip and make some change. But, I was going to play with it first. After putting it in my rack and trying it out, I was like HOLY F*CK! The dirty just peels paint, and the cleans it produces give me bedroom eyes.

That said I ended up selling my previous preamp instead, which was the almighty Rocktron Piranha...
No regrets.
Yeah I've heard the Pirhana is alright, but the PSA-1 was a pretty popular piece. I've fiddled with one a few times and the dirt is definitely pretty sweet.
while we now have amplifire, kemper and ax, rack gear continues to sell really well at my local SA.

maybe we're ahead of the curve? i don't really think we're that far ahead, if we even are ahead.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
i was gonna post some of my rack stuff, then realized it was pretty much all recording units.

:-(
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae