Hi
Got my Fender Squire Today which is Red with a whats supposed to be white pickguard, the pickguard has a dirty brown colouring, its not been caused by sunlight but looks kinda like something thats been kept in a smokers room and has nicotine staining. I could live with it but it had a sticker on which i took off and underneath where the sticker was its brilliant white.
Any Help Appreciated

Wiz
If you got it new, return it/ask for replacement guard.

If not, live with it or order a replacement. A new plain pickguard is relatively inexpensive, and fancy-schmancy ones start around $30.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
In addition to the above, you could try bleaching it or leaving it out in the sun. However, I think that the label mark will still show. You could paint it. Diatribe's "sticker" could be some kind of fancy decal, like disguising a tat.

The simplest option if it really bugs you is to replace the pickguard. For example:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Tele-Sized-Pickguards_c_649.html

This also gives you an opportunity to customise the look.
The sticker didn't come off as one piece it came off in bits and left loads of sticky crud which i managed to clean off, and only seen replacement pickguards with nobs etc attached which i don't need, seen some in the USA but living in England obviously the shipping is going to be way over the top for what i want.
Wiz

Thanks for the link Tony but thats for Tele and i have a strat plus its in the USA and i am UK
Last edited by Wizhunter at Nov 23, 2016,
The US version this company has a wide selection of reasonably priced parts. This is their U.K. site:
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk

Here's some Squier 51 samples:
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pickguards-c62/fender-miscellaneous-c63/squier-51-c327
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Wizhunter

They also do strat pickguards, and mail overseas. I've bought loads of stuff off them, here in Oz, no problem. There are probably comparable suppliers in the UK, but prices will very likely be higher.
Prices for everything in the UK are ridiculous lol. Wish i could afford to move away but looks like i am stuck here
Quote by Wizhunter
The sticker didn't come off as one piece it came off in bits and left loads of sticky crud which i managed to clean off, and only seen replacement pickguards with nobs etc attached which i don't need, seen some in the USA but living in England obviously the shipping is going to be way over the top for what i want.
Wiz

Thanks for the link Tony but thats for Tele and i have a strat plus its in the USA and i am UK

Put another sticker on it!

Seriously just grab a new pickgard they are not expensive just be sure it has the same hole pattern for the screws.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 23, 2016,
Looking now on ebay, might just leave it as it is, only going to play it at home. if someone visits while i am practicing i can always dim the living room lights lol, and i am not a fan of stickers, seen a lot of good gear ruined with them.
Wiz
Go to a paint shop and get some acrylic cleaner. You may be able to get some of the crud off, using said cleaner and a microfiber
Just stain the part where the sticker was.Stained pickguards are cool these days

I got one off Ebay i think for my '77 Strat and selector switch cover and knobs.Was'nt too expensive.I've actually just taken them off and put the black ones back on.
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Nov 25, 2016,
Ordered another pickguard has all the pickups and knobs on though. Looks in pretty good condition though

Wiz