Play mostly classic rock / metal.

Got a bug though to buy an Elite Telecaster.

So now I have an Elite Tele, Jem70v, and an agile LP copy.

My v22 amp is shot.

If I could hit the reset button, I probably get a Gibson LP standard.

Thinking about getting either a nice tube amp with 2x speakers, or a lower priced amp and a studio or LTD?

Suggestions....

I probably have 1500 to spend total. If i dump that all into an amp, then ill probably wait until next year before getting another guitar.
Invest it all into a good tube amp, get a new guitar next year, you have a few decent guitars get the amp you won't regret it.

FWIW you should be able to find a Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 2X12 combo used for that price give or take, I was lucky and got mine for $1100 new with 5 year factory warranty from Guitar Center on closeout because they lost their license to sell Mesa it was missing the footswitch and cover which I got from Mesa for about $200 so I am all in at $1300 for a $2600 amp but I have seen plenty of used ones in great shape with footswitch and cover for $1200-$1800.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine+1

If you're going to drop the dime on an amp, get something that not only performs to your standards, but holds value.
I'm a HUGE Mesa fan. Evilnine speaks wisdom.
I honestly don't think anyone would be displeased with a Mesa anything.
Murphy's law, though.
Without making a particular brand rec, I agree that you need to spend on the amp first.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
dannyalcatraz+1

Pssst. Get a Mesa...
I'm extremely biased though...but many people also love Mesa.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Without making a particular brand rec, I agree that you need to spend on the amp first.

I threw Mesa out there because I have one I also have a Peavey 6505+ half stack that sounds damn good, but definitely go for an amp do some research shop around and try out as many as you can until you find one that you like but definitely get a tube amp!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

+another on the Roadster 212 combo. It will do all of those styles very well.

It's worth the $ - makes me smile every time I plug in - had it for almost 2 years now.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by metalmingee
+another on the Roadster 212 combo. It will do all of those styles very well.

It's worth the $ - makes me smile every time I plug in - had it for almost 2 years now.

Me too still smiling
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge