What's up sk8ers, long time no see. I used to always post debate threads here and haven't posted in forever, so thought I'd post here for old time sake. Missed you guys.

I was giving a guitar lesson to a student of mine who goes to an all-girl high school. She was telling me there's been a little minor controversy, because some there's a couple students there who have decided that they want to be considered boys, not girls. So there's kind of an issue there. On the one hand, it seems silly to kick them out because they're transgender, and the school's goal should be to educate and help their students succeed, not kick them out. On the other hand, it's an all girl school, boys are not allowed to enroll, and if they demand to be treated as such, you could say they should face the consequences. You could even argue that by not kicking them out, they are not seriously recognizing their transition from a female to a male.

What do y'all think?
Is the school's policy based on the students' biology, or their gender?

I mean not all trans folk literally want to change their biology. On that alone they could make an argument for keeping the students on. Or they could not be, well, children, and get rid of these weird segregated schools
Why are there all-girl schools tho.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
A great deal of transgender kids grow out of it so I don't think it's particularly wise to let them make such official changes at that point in their lives. And an all boys school is going to be a pretty horrible place for a biological female. I'd say the school should agree to refer to them as 'he' but go no further.
Tbh I think the fact we still have single sex schools is the bigger problem here
Quote by The Madcap
I was giving a guitar lesson to a student of mine who goes to an all-girl high school.
is

she fit?
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by Joshua Garcia
is

she fit?
pls stop josh
Quote by Banjocal
pls stop josh

nooo continue Josh-kun, prod him in the ribs, tickle his wrist joints, fart in his bedroom and pretend it was the cat
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Missed u 2
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
make more threads pls.

Brad seemingly retired from #Bradthreads and Stewie just makes trash.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
classic bradthread.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Transgenders need to go to psyche wards, not public schools.
Quote by Diatribes
Transgenders need to go to psyche wards, not public schools.

I've been ripped apart by all this edge
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I was listening to

and wondered if it is an amalgam of trance and djent

it is

trancedjenter
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Nov 24, 2016,
Ffs epi
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

miss u bae
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have no idea what the right call here is lmao

Should they let in dudes that want to be grils? idk
Quote by The Madcap
What's up sk8ers, long time no see. I used to always post debate threads here and haven't posted in forever, so thought I'd post here for old time sake. Missed you guys.

I was giving a guitar lesson to a student of mine who goes to an all-girl high school. She was telling me there's been a little minor controversy, because some there's a couple students there who have decided that they want to be considered boys, not girls. So there's kind of an issue there. On the one hand, it seems silly to kick them out because they're transgender, and the school's goal should be to educate and help their students succeed, not kick them out. On the other hand, it's an all girl school, boys are not allowed to enroll, and if they demand to be treated as such, you could say they should face the consequences. You could even argue that by not kicking them out, they are not seriously recognizing their transition from a female to a male.

What do y'all think?

I think you should post more
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by bradulator
classic bradthread.

The usurper audaciously reveals himself
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Its obviously going to cause problems either way, the best answer is to work with the kids and try to cause them the least amount of emotional strife.

Or getting rid of the single sex system entirely. Either way.

This might seem like a non-answer but really the school shouldnt be the one making the desicison on what gender the students are. The students can work with the parents on what their proper placement is and the school shouldnt have a rigid policy. Wishful thinking I know.
Last edited by whywefight at Nov 25, 2016,
Really what we need to do is just start handing out free therapy for life cards for anyone thats transgender because if theyre born into 94% of families in this world theyre gonna need it
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Should they let in dudes that want to be grils? idk

Only if they want to be propane grills. None of that charcoal nonsense.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by matt bickerton
Tbh I think the fact we still have single sex schools is the bigger problem here

yeah how dare they perform consistently higher than mixed-sex schools

OT: kick 'em out

Quote by jakesmellspoo
make more threads pls.

Brad seemingly retired from #Bradthreads and Stewie just makes trash.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/user/threads?user_id=625740

psh can u even crack 50 replies
It was my privilege
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 27, 2016,
Hi Madcap

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
because people want to go to them because the schools usually perform better than public schools.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
If they want to identify as male, then the school has the right to follow their rules and not have male students.

They should get transferred to a mixed school, as an all boys school will pose problems.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
just lol at being 1 gender in 2016
#apachehelicopterthatvapesanddoescrossfitismygender

nice guitar covers madcap, i subscribed to your YT channel
good to see ya posting again.
Quote by k.lainad
#apachehelicopterthatvapesanddoescrossfitismygender
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Yeah, seems that by trying to force this kind of thing (all-girl schools, all-boy schools) you are gonna find some problems in these situations.

Anyways, let the student and his parents decide. If I was the school I'd also let them have a 3-month-trial or something and after it let them decide again if he wants to stay or not. Also have some talks and chats with the girls in there every week or so to see how they feel about it too.
It's not that big of a deal, just try to make the experience as best as possible for everybody involved.

Quote by WCPhils
because people want to go to them because the schools usually perform better than public schools.

Does the school itself perform better or do the students that go to it perform better? If it's the latter ... then it just means it's a good school. I presume there are plenty of good mixed schools in the US.
Last edited by gonzaw at Nov 27, 2016,