Hello everyone.
I've been trying to get a new guitar for metal since my Fender Squier Strat stopped fulfilling the job.
I've come across two which have been highly recommended by metal players, the first one being the ESP LTD EC-401 and the second one, SCHECTER DAMIEN ELITE 6 with Floyd Rose.

Both are selling at the exact same price at Amazon, and here are the details that have kept me doubting.

First of all, style. I know it's not the most important part of it all, but the ESP has a way more appealing look than the Schecter, although the Schecter looks more metal-like.

Second, the Floyd Rose. I've been trying to improve my skills with the whammy bar and I'm really looking forward to unlocking all the mysteries it has to offer, so the fact that the ESP does not have a Floyd Rose and hence no whammy bar bums me out.

Anyway, what's really the most important here is how each of them feel and how well do they perform, so here is where I ask you for help.

Thank you all.
I own an EC401, not the one with the EMG's tho, I love the feel and the versatility I have. I've played a Schecter only once, and I liked it, but I felt like I needed more time to get used to the neck, not a big difference though.
I guess you could have more versatility in the metal genres with a Schecter though. Both guitars are very similar and you should play them both to help you decide which one feels better for you!
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ibanez RG8
Charvel Desolation DX-1 FR
Epiphone G400 PRO
-Yamaha C40M
Cough up a few hondo more and you can get a used M-II, or similar "real" ESP
I'm an ESP guy, but I'd take the Schecter over the LTD
You get a lot of bang for your buck with a Hellraiser
estebandido37After a bit of searching I found the ESP Ltd GH-200.

Les Paul shape, with Floyd Rose. Is that good for you?
The GH200 comes with humbuckers, which are typically used in metal.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
This has more to do with the feel of the guitars than anything else.

Go play an LTD and a Schecter in person with the same necks as the one you are looking at and see which you prefer.

If you put EMGs in either guitar I doubt you could tell a difference between the 2.

If you end up liking the LTD better a few models have EMGs and a Floyd. You may have to go used for your budget but the EC-1001FR is pretty sweet!

Agile may have some Les Paul shapes with EMGs and a Floyd in stock as well - www.rondomusic.com.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
metalmingee
As always good advice.
I believe Hellraiser series's all have EMG. I could be mistaken.
I don't know what LTD necks feel like.
The only Schecter I ever owed was a Hellraiser V fixed bridge. Guitar was wicked and loved the binding and fit neck.
Although, compared to my Ibanez Wizard necks, and my M-II Deluxe neck, it did feel a little thicker. That said, the only other guitar that I've played having a comparable neck to Ibby and ESP, was my CS Rhoads...

I've never even played an LTD so I have nothing to offer there.
No idea really on the Schecters. They didn't feel as nice as the Jacksons and ESP to me so I really never keep up with them.

As far as necks go I have an LTD and an E-II both with a Thin U neck which are thicker than Jackson compound radius necks which are thicker than the few Ibanez Wizard (RG550) necks I've tried.

The Jackson necks are my favorite but it depends on the mojo you're going for. Sometimes you just want a Strat.
Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
metalmingee
I just took a peek at your profile.
Nice Eclipse man. My next ESP will be an Eclipse.
I can not get any of my geet pics to upload, no matter how small I make the pics...
Quote by Diatribes
metalmingee
How does the LTD compare to your E-II?
Pics please!

They are similar but different guitars. Here's a thread I created a while back (it didn't get much love) that compares the two with some pics - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1697441

The ESP E-II I won in a contest on ESP's website!
Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver