Poll: Great show or greatest show?
Poll Options
View poll results: Great show or greatest show?
Great Show
11 52%
Greatest Show
10 48%
Voters: 21.
Page 1 of 2
That movie convinced me that Shyamalan was a bad director after all. I didn't want to believe it...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Haven't watched, but I get the impression it's a western cartoon trying to be an anime, which is lame as all heck lmao.

My friend made me watch The Legend of Korra though. It's not bad.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Greatest.

Just like OP.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
everyone who likes this show is a closet weeb
ggg1 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg3

Quote by ehbacon
it's a cartoon that doesn't make me feel like a weirdo for watching it
Exhibit 1

More like Avatar: the last bare-ender, amirite?

jk, I love it
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
More like Avafart: The Last Air-guffer, huehuehue
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Victory2134
That movie convinced me that Shyamalan was a bad director after all. I didn't want to believe it...

Supposedly Shyamalan wasnt so much to blame as he wasnt responsible for what he had to work with.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.

The new hit show about gay pirates
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by Guitar0player
Supposedly Shyamalan wasnt so much to blame as he wasnt responsible for what he had to work with.

No, he did The Happening, Lady in the Water, Devil, Signs, After Earth etc

all very very stupid stupid stupid films

Guys a stodgy director who's only gag ran dry 3 movies in, and only one of them is still good (Unbreakable).
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Whose idea was it to make all the Fire Nation bad guys Indian.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
Whose idea was it to make all the Fire Nation bad guys Indian.

Someone must've confused 'nation' with 'race' ot 'ethnicity' somewhere along the line.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer

Guys a stodgy director who's only gag ran dry 3 movies in, and only one of them is still good (Unbreakable).

I was paraphrasing I didnt watch any of his work really.
Anime shit is weird. End of.

Now excuse me while I go finish my gravity falls, flapjack, adventure time, and avatar marathon.

(´・ω・`)
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Guitar0player
I was paraphrasing I didnt watch any of his work really.

Ah ok.

Dont watch any of it anyway
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Haven't watched, but I get the impression it's a western cartoon trying to be an anime, which is lame as all heck lmao.
yep
Quote by EpiExplorer
my man

Quote by Joshua Garcia

My friend made me watch The Legend of Korra though. It's not bad.

Not this time around, give it a try. It usually makes one experience the whole spectrum of emotions.
Quote by EpiExplorer

i enjoyed the sixth sense, and i was seriously disturbed by some scenes when i saw it as a kid. I think the casting and direction in that one was pretty good.

avatar the last airbender is pretty refreshing show to watch ( i never saw the live-action air bender, looks like shit tbh)
I love avatar. It came out when I was a kid and whilst it I'd be too old to watch it for the 1st time at my age, I still like to see re-runs of it if it's TV. How does the 'Legend of Korra' compare to the original series??
LOK isn't as good, the characters don't quite have as much charisma. Book 1 was alright. Book 2 was really scrambled and all over the place, I didn't like it, but there is a two part episode called "Beginnings" that pretty much makes the whole series worth a watch. Book 3 was pretty cool. Book 4 wasn't bad.

Some people say Korra is kind of a shitty Avatar. She loses a lot in the show, and after a while it becomes kind of tiring to see.
Quote by ultimate-slash

The new hit show about gay pirates

A life with seamen is a life for me!

Also I heavily disagree with Korra being the lesser. I think it has a stronger story with much more at stake, and isn't nearly as childish as The Last Airbender.

Also, the VA for Amon is Steve Blum and he's my man
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by The Madcap
LOK isn't as good, the characters don't quite have as much charisma. Book 1 was alright. Book 2 was really scrambled and all over the place, I didn't like it, but there is a two part episode called "Beginnings" that pretty much makes the whole series worth a watch. Book 3 was pretty cool. Book 4 wasn't bad.

Some people say Korra is kind of a shitty Avatar. She loses a lot in the show, and after a while it becomes kind of tiring to see.

Yeah I kind of got the vibe that LOK wasn't as good - it's a shame because LOA was so good. I wonder if they could have continued with the Aang story about rebuilding the nations/maintiaining the peace etc...
Quote by The Madcap

took a while to grow on me but LOK is great so suck it

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i never really got into the show, but i can see why people like it so much.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i never really got into the show, but i can see why people like it so much.

If it didn't have 'american approval', it would be written off as 'weeb shit' by most people here, rofl.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
If it didn't have 'american approval', it would be written off as 'weeb shit' by most people here, rofl.
true.

i actually like some anime stuff.

now erik doesn't like me any more.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
true.

i actually like some anime stuff.

now erik doesn't like me any more.

Same

Natsume Yujin-Cho so gud (∩ ◔ ω ◔ )⊃━☆゚.*
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by The Madcap

Yee

I think the problem with S1 is that they tried to fit a big story in too few episodes. It would have been better if they had more time.

The relationship thing at the end of the series seemed a bit fanservicy, which grated on me a bit.

I liked how they finally had an aurbender suffocate someone tho.
Quote by Xiaoxi
took a while to grow on me but LOK is great so suck it

Yeah, LOK is really good, too. Korra is def the worst character on the show, though.

Last Airbender is fantastic. I watched it when it premiered a decade ago and the lady and I started rewatching it last week.

I appreciate how there are no mary sues
It was my privilege
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 27, 2016,
I binge watched TLA maybe 6-7 years ago. It's a fucking fantastic show.

While Korra was a more mature show, it just flat out wasn't as good. It was very enjoyable, and I was excited for each episode, but it didn't flow as well. Lot of ass-pulling type things too.

I'd give TLA like a generous 10/10 across the board, and Korra like 8/10 maybe.

Quote by EpiExplorer
Same

Natsume Yujin-Cho so gud (∩ ◔ ω ◔ )⊃━☆゚.*

yo NY is my go-to feel-good show
Last edited by Ignite at Nov 27, 2016,
Quote by Ignite
I binge watched TLA maybe 6-7 years ago. It's a fucking fantastic show.

While Korra was a more mature show, it just flat out wasn't as good. It was very enjoyable, and I was excited for each episode, but it didn't flow as well. Lot of ass-pulling type things too.

I'd give TLA like a generous 10/10 across the board, and Korra like 8/10 maybe.

yo NY is my go-to feel-good show

dat sensei tho

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer

There's no sexualized underage girls in it or any other anime tropes so they're both legit.

Call me strange but my favorite parts of LoK were the death scenes. Most of them were pretty brutal and it was super weird compared to how mild TLA was. Especially the triclops lady's death
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Last edited by Cardbored at Nov 27, 2016,
Quote by Cardbored
There's no sexualized underage girls in it or any other anime tropes so they're both legit.

Yeah, like, stark difference, my dude.
It was my privilege
Page 1 of 2