Hey guys,

I really want to be able to play this song by Israel Cannan but I cannot find tabs anywhere.

Such a beautiful and simple song. It should be relatively easy to work out for you experts on here.

Thank in advance!

Cheers,
Pete
Well, if you put a capo on the 5th fret of your guitar, I think it would start making a lot more sense to you. That's pretty much why the guitar sounds like a mandolin. And you can't ignore the vocal processor. You've got heavy echo/reverb, plus a lead vocal double track. There's a few stomp boxes which will do that. TC-Helicon makes several.

Other than that, the chords are mostly "cowboy C", (C, F, G, as they would appear in the open position), and this thread is posted in completely the wrong forum.

The right forum: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Thank you so much for the prompt response. I can hear that the capo makes a huge difference although not hearing the song come through wen playing open C, F, G? Is there any chance you could tab this for me with some of the hanmer ons / pull offs etc? Or make a YouTube video or something? I'd be more than happy to pay you.

Let me know.

Cheers
Thread was moved to forum: Tab Talk
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.