I already own a epiphone sg pro guitar that cost me 350 dollars which I love. I also own a 120 dollar mustang 1 v2 amp. I have been looking at the schecter demon 6 guitar which I really really want but I'm not sure if it would be more sensible to buy the micro dark amp (I play mostly metal and heavy rock) because I might need the amp more than I want that guitar. I can only afford one and I just need some advice as to what you think I should do.
If you already have a guitar you dig more than your amp, I think it's simple math.
Diatribes maybe so, but still It is a difficult decision because I think the demon 6 guitar is awesome. and I can get decent metal sounds using fender fuse but not great ones
Have you played a Micro Dark amp before? I'm guessing you also need to buy a speaker cabinet.

If you haven't go play one with your SG and make sure you really like it at the volume you will be willing to play.

As a heads up there are very few sensible decisions with this stuff, especially at these price ranges.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
I'm the wrong dude to give advice here. Bought 4 guitars in ten days, and possibly a 5th tonight.

I need an intervention...

But, I also already have a rack setup and speaker cab I really like.
I would suggest an amp. I know - because I did it for years - a guitar is much more tempting, it looks awesome and feels good but an amp will impact your tone much more. I would suggest seeing if you could grab something a littler better than the micro dark I would suggest it. Give us a budget and a general location and we can make some amp suggestions.
If you're not happy with your current tone/sound, a different guitar will likely not improve upon this drastically.
guitarsngearmetalmingee thank you for the advice. I don't want to spend more than 250 to 350 dollars on an amplifier. I will go and try a couple amps out before I purchase one for sure. But it would be nice if I could have a few other suggestions besides the micro dark terror. And guitars n gear I live in atlanta georgia. Hope I'm not too late on my reply
I guess it depends on what you mean by hard rock and metal but a used Peavey 6505+ 112 combo should get you there. You should be able to get one for $350 from Guitar Center used, Craigslist, Music-go-round, etc.
Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
metalmingee Well I like to play three days grace, a7x, flyleaf, bullet for my valentine and stuff like that. drop d and drop c stuff mostly. and thank you I'll look into that.
look at a Peavey VIP series amp for better metal tones. not real expensive and that would leave money to be saved for another guitar.
monwobobbo this may be a dumb question, but is the vip 3 considered better than 2 and 2 better than 1? is that how they are made? I was wondering the same with the mustang when I got mine
gu1tarn00b
For $350 the 6505+ 112 should make you happy for most of that music - I'm not familiar with all of it though. Don't forget about the Crunch Channel. You can nickel and dime more upgrades later on - speaker upgrade, MXR 10-Band EQ, FX Loop mod (so it doesn't suck tone), tubescreamer up front, noise gate, etc.

The VIP series is a good shout too but if TS knows what type of music they want to play I say buy the amp since you don't need all of the flexibility.
Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
I will keep a look out but right now all I'm finding are 470+ dollars for the 6505. But I'm not done looking I will keep searching. If I had to choose between the vip series or the orange micro dark which one would you chose?
I have no experience with the Orange so I would buy the VIP because I know it can get close to what you want. I have the first gen Vypyr 30W and it can get very heavy.

It only matters what sounds good to you though - you're the one stuck with the amp.
Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Quote by gu1tarn00b
monwobobbo this may be a dumb question, but is the vip 3 considered better than 2 and 2 better than 1? is that how they are made? I was wondering the same with the mustang when I got mine

the difference is features and wattage. the bottom model is a basic practice amp with a small speaker. the other 2 have 12" speakers and are 30 and 75 watts. the 30 watt version probably won't keep up with drums in many cases but the 75 watt would. the VIP has a 6505 model that sounds pretty good. if you are just practicing at home then it would likely do. if you plan on jamming or doing th band thing then the 6505+ combo would be the ticket
well thank you guys for the help it's actually given me a lot of good advice. If I have another question about my guitar or amp or something should I just ask here? or start a new thread?
I'd go with an amp. Best used I could find for the money
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
Skreddy Lunar Module
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod XT live